Author Topic: LOWER CONTROL ARMS  (Read 1315 times)

Offline outlawincorporated

• Kangaroo Herder
LOWER CONTROL ARMS
« on: December 12, 2014, 10:18:13 PM »
For several years know I have been work towards understanding so many things on 66 mustangs that where done from the factory and understanding procedures and the difference in parts which where changed due to failure, repairs, maintenance and restorations. 

While working on one of my unrestored cars. I came across something that I have seen in pictures; Mike Murray's cars, but never in person (until now)

Some kind of date/assembly stamp on the lower control arms (yes both sides)
Please view images attached

would like some input from the forum members to see if this is common practice for assembly line lower arms and what there thoughts are on the stampings. Mustang in question is a 66 Dearborn example and there is absolutely no evidence these arms have ever been touched since assembly.

look forward to comments and opinions.

regards.

PHILL BERESFORD.
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.

ITS ONLY EVER ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!

MCA GOLD CARD JUDGE 1ST GENERATION.  MCA #68589

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: LOWER CONTROL ARMS
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 01:56:33 AM »
For several years know I have been work towards understanding so many things on 66 mustangs that where done from the factory and understanding procedures and the difference in parts which where changed due to failure, repairs, maintenance and restorations. 

While working on one of my unrestored cars. I came across something that I have seen in pictures; Mike Murray's cars, but never in person (until now)

Some kind of date/assembly stamp on the lower control arms (yes both sides)
Please view images attached

would like some input from the forum members to see if this is common practice for assembly line lower arms and what there thoughts are on the stampings. Mustang in question is a 66 Dearborn example and there is absolutely no evidence these arms have ever been touched since assembly.

look forward to comments and opinions.

regards.

PHILL BERESFORD.
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.
Yes it seems so but many times it was stamped so light that it was very illegible or completely invisible.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby