Author Topic: Picture Request - 67 Horn Wire  (Read 3802 times)

Offline specialed

Picture Request - 67 Horn Wire
« on: November 30, 2014, 10:06:33 PM »
yes jeff I thought that somebody spraypainted the grill area to & paint got on rh horn wire but I have seen several cars that looked original with black paint on that wire to hide blue showin thru grill .  Anybody got some good pics of 67 rh horn wire on an original car?

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Picture Request - 67 Horn Wire
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 11:19:01 PM »
Any particular plant?  ;)  Guessing that you want to focus on only San Jose since it was a Shelby that got you all interested in this

Sure not going to be easy to pick out the dirty ones from the others This was an unpainted one

« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 11:38:58 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 11:26:31 PM »
Any particular plant?  ;)
SJ for sure but all should be included IMO.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 11:38:32 PM »
Here is a start
Not easy to see through the grill - but an unpainted one

San Jose

San Jose

San Jose
Jeff Speegle

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 11:54:28 PM »
NJ Example

Should mention not allot of reason to "black out drivers side since much of what is visible is covered by black wire wrap

Will wait till tomorrow to go through the 67 Shelby pictures for you ;)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 02:10:24 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Offline specialed

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 12:13:00 AM »
 I am only talking about passenger side horn wire as drivers side is 2 wires taped together with black tape so already blacked out with tape.  remember the paint falls of easy from the single blue rh wire flexing .

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 12:19:15 AM »
I am only talking about passenger side horn wire as drivers side is 2 wires taped together with black tape so already blacked out with tape.

Mentioned above ;)

remember the paint falls of easy from the single blue rh wire flexing .

Can't think of allot of reasons (not much room) for any owner two be in that area "flexing" things

If so some would normally be left - and if not its going to be really difficult to prove that they were ever done - Doesn't make allot of sense IMHO considering they didn't do other years - but we'll continue to look.

As Bob mentioned going to need allot more than one or two examples (lots of PO painted ones out there) to change things as you've always reminded us
Jeff Speegle

Offline specialed

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 01:57:26 PM »
jeff by your NJ example pic you said no reason to black out PASSANGER SIDE since it already has the black tape on it is why I mention I was only referring to RH passenger side single blue wire & you must have meant DRIVERS side as it has both horn wires black taped together.   The reason I mentioned this is I seen several 67s with the rh blue wire blacked out with paint but cracking & falling off the blue wire (but don't know when or which plant) but it made some sense not having blue wire showing thru grill opening blackout & in 68-up that blue wire had black plastic tube sheathing covering the blue rh single horn wire to blend into the black &match the black taped together 2 horn wires in LH side.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2014, 02:13:39 PM »
Thanks changed it above from drivers to passenger side

Seen allot of them painted also but there was always clues that it had been done by the PO rather than factory. IMHO it doesn't make sense to black them out in 67 at San Jose with paint since they had been using sealant when they had done them before - if you follow the same logic

Sure we can both come up with things "that didn't make sense"  to  us today. Someone once told us that "that's just the way it is"  to explain what didn't make sense  ;)

Jeff Speegle

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2014, 07:08:23 PM »
Thanks changed it above from drivers to passenger side

Seen allot of them painted also but there was always clues that it had been done by the PO rather than factory. IMHO it doesn't make sense to black them out in 67 at San Jose with paint since they had been using sealant when they had done them before - if you follow the same logic

Sure we can both come up with things "that didn't make sense"  to  us today. Someone once told us that "that's just the way it is"  to explain what didn't make sense  ;)
That person would have to be stubborn and crabby too wouldn't he  ;) . I wonder if the same thinking on the wire was similar to the paint of the silver finish tubs of oil cooler lines or the sometimes seen blacked out A/C condenser lines through the radiator support. It might be something that didn't get done (forgotten) some of the time. I have a feeling that it was the sometimes done if they remembered or had time to do scenario . Something to look out for .
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline rodster

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2014, 09:38:50 PM »
I am only talking about passenger side horn wire as drivers side is 2 wires taped together with black tape so already blacked out with tape.  remember the paint falls of easy from the single blue rh wire flexing .

67 Dearborn car, no paint.
1965 Dearborn Mustang Coupe
Raven Black - Palomino Pony
1967 Dearborn Mustang Conv.
Wimbeldon White - Red
1984 SVO - 2A

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2014, 12:25:39 AM »
11-04-66 SJ 67 GTA convertible no paint.