Author Topic: 65 K-Code markings  (Read 5240 times)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: 65 K-Code markings
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2014, 12:15:40 AM »
I was looking at the pic of the fog light wire hole closely and I have the swirl mark (looks like from a drill??) near the hole.  We're these drilled by hand at the dealer ship instead of stamped at the factory?

They were drilled with a hole saw at the factory.  Common fallacy that they were stamped.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline 65fastbk

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2014, 01:23:44 AM »
They were drilled with a hole saw at the factory.  Common fallacy that they were stamped.

Thanks for the info...I was trying to determine if I had a factory gt was thinking some one drilled out the holes for the fog light wires!

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2014, 07:07:41 PM »
Thanks for the info...I was trying to determine if I had a factory gt was thinking some one drilled out the holes for the fog light wires!

I would use the dual exhaust mounting features if the car has not been played with as a start for determining. Since there are more details and stuff included in that assembly

Just a thought
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 65fastbk

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2014, 12:40:36 AM »
I would use the dual exhaust mounting features if the car has not been played with as a start for determining. Since there are more details and stuff included in that assembly

Just a thought

Thanks! I did start there:) It is a k code as we'll so I know that a lot of the "gt" enhancements are standard on the hipo...the dash has the round "lip" for the gt instrument bezel...wires for fog lights are in the same loom(tape) as the rest of the harness...when I turn on the fog lights the rear brake lights turn on...I know that the ft grill and fog lights are repros...when I saw the "swirl" marks I thought some one drilled them out...is there anything else to check?

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2014, 12:59:33 AM »
You are trying too hard. If someone went to all the trouble to replace the dash to get the cutout and also replaced the unique 65 wiring harnesses to make that car a factory GT, accept it.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline 65fastbk

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2014, 01:48:42 AM »
Ok thx...I will

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2014, 08:43:09 PM »
Thanks! I did start there:) It is a k code as we'll so I know that a lot of the "gt" enhancements are standard on the hipo...the dash has the round "lip" for the gt instrument bezel...wires for fog lights are in the same loom(tape) as the rest of the harness...when I turn on the fog lights the rear brake lights turn on...I know that the ft grill and fog lights are repros...when I saw the "swirl" marks I thought some one drilled them out...is there anything else to check?

If you've checked all the features/points (for both K code and GT and the answer is all yes's and there is nothing that suggest anything odd or funny - stop looking :)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)