Author Topic: Correct color for dark red interior 69 dearborn GT seat belts?  (Read 3078 times)

Offline emptys

Correct color for dark red interior 69 dearborn GT seat belts?
« on: November 15, 2013, 01:50:55 PM »
I'm thinking that red webbing seat belts would be correct for a dark red interior, but when
the last half rear seat belts were unbolted, the webbing was black.   Its certainly possible these
were changed out at some point, but i just don't have access to that level of history for the car.

What is the correct color, then for the seat belts in a standard interior?   Some of the few
images i've seen of dark red interior GT's seem to have black seat belts, but these may
also be wrong.
69 428 GT -- 9F02R -- build date 10/11/68

Offline Andrew@MagMustangs

• MagMustangs: Original Parts for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs
    • MagMustangs
Re: Correct color for dark red interior 69 dearborn GT seat belts?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 02:47:55 PM »
I believe it would depend on whether the car was optioned with Deluxe Seat Belts with Reminder Light Option. Do you have a small (BELTS) light on lower dash to the Upper Right of your ignition switch? Or possibly a blank hole there? Seat Belts color keyed to the interior were part of the Deluxe Belts option. Otherwise they would be Black.
MagMustangs: Vintage Mustang Enthusiasts. We have Original Factory Parts for 1964 1/2-1973 Ford Mustang.   Like Us On Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/MagMustangs

Offline emptys

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 07:09:24 PM »
Thanks -- just a standard interior,  i'll have to check for the reminder light option, although i'm not seeing that on
the car options list.   i'll double check for the BELTS light, but offhand i don't recall it being there, in which
case i'd think that black is the correct color.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 07:58:17 PM »
Don't think the GT option is going to influence the interior details much ;)

Looked through my pictures and the one clear picture of a Dearborn red standard interior is shown below. Looks like typically the Mach I's used different seat belt colors as did other plants but to stay on focus this is what I found at this point. Take note the car is a later car from your -9F02F176768

Hope this helps
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Andrew@MagMustangs

• MagMustangs: Original Parts for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs
    • MagMustangs
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 10:55:58 PM »
Hard for me to tell from the pic Jeff, but it looks like those are deluxe belts with the chrome surrounds on the buckles. Do you have a pic of the dash on that particular car? To see if it has the (Belts) light which would indicate the deluxe belt option?

Emptys, Deluxe Seat Belts were a stand alone option whether a car had Standard or Deluxe Interior. Decor interior does not typically mean the car would also have deluxe belts and Standard Interior does not necessarily mean standard seat belts. The 2 indicators on a 1969 deluxe seat belt are: Interior Color Keyed and a chrome surround around the latch buckle.

I have never seen any literature that would indicate that Deluxe Belts were included as part of any other package. 
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 10:58:18 PM by MagMustangs »
MagMustangs: Vintage Mustang Enthusiasts. We have Original Factory Parts for 1964 1/2-1973 Ford Mustang.   Like Us On Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/MagMustangs

Offline rockhouse66

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 08:34:58 AM »
I am pretty sure black belts would have been standard in a Mach 1, so why would a GT not also have black belts standard?  I agree that it would take some belt option to get color keyed belts.

This is 9F02R182638.
Jim
'66 GT FB

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 03:10:43 PM »
I am pretty sure black belts would have been standard in a Mach 1, so why would a GT not also have black belts standard?  I agree that it would take some belt option to get color keyed belts.

Don't believe that the seat belt color is enflunced by the Mach I or GT packages  but rather the interior package. All the red interior Mach I's I've seen got the black seat belts.

Will check on the pictures to see if it the car pictures has the light

Will be interesting to look at the red interior Shelby's since they got the light and the "mach I" interior
Jeff Speegle

Offline emptys

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 12:35:09 PM »
Thanks Everyone,

Would any interior options for the belts show up on either the Marti Report or the Eminger invoice?
There's nothing there for any interior options.

Offline Brian Conway

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 06:13:35 PM »
     My 69 Metuchen build sheet has a spot for BELTS/color and type.  Line B # 26-27.  Brian
5RO9A GT  4 Spd Built 5/29/65
9TO2R SCJ 4 Spd Built 9/19/68
Owner Driver Mechanic
San Diego, Ca.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 09:22:08 PM »
Thanks Everyone,

Would any interior options for the belts show up on either the Marti Report or the Eminger invoice?

Unfortunately you would need to know the codes used for each set of belts and color for the buildsheets.

As far as shipping invoices I see comments like    "push button seatbelts"   & "deluxe belt warning light" on a few invoices

There's nothing there for any interior options.

I see plenty of radio options listed on the Marti reports I have copies of  as well as the comment "Deluxe belt/warning light" "Sport deck rear seat"  & "Interior decor group" like on the shipping invoices

You must be referring to your Marti report ;)

Jeff Speegle