Author Topic: 69 mach1 front & rear spring markings & colours  (Read 1809 times)

Offline mark

69 mach1 front & rear spring markings & colours
« on: October 04, 2013, 08:11:53 PM »
Hi can anyone help me please, I have a Dearbourn june built 69 mach1 351 windsor/fmx p/s p/b no a/c car , i am detailing it up for concours here in Australia and need to know the colour of the markings on the rear & front springs with these opions any help would be great , cheers Mark.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 69 mach1 front & rear spring markings & colours
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 09:54:02 PM »
Mark sorry we're not allowed to provide any help for owners in Australia especially this close to the date of the show ..... :'(  Especially this being your first post

Sorry just kidding we're happy to help  and THANKS for including all the needed info in your first post

Front springs - 1 Yellow and 1 Tan stripe applied with the springs out of car

Rear springs (best guess based on buildsheets) if we also had the engineering number we could try and double check) - ! Gold and 1 Brown applied to the long leaf just in front of the rear spring eye

Welcome to the site and good luck at the show!  Some of use have to make it over to attend that show one of these years.

And for being the first Austrialian that I've answered today and extra  ;) 

Front shocks are marked with a white daub and the rears with a brown daub. Should be able to do a search to show where and how shocks are typically marked
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline mark

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 02:37:45 AM »
Thanks Jeff , I have read a lot of your post's and really appreciate your help , is there any pics avalible for referance , sorry i am new to the forum and still trying to work my way around it , thanks again , cheers

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 12:59:39 AM »
The search feature is your friend ;)   But if its an older post then you can often ask if the older info is the latest info or if something new has been found. Plenty of old info floating on the internet - much that has been adjusted as we have discovered new things

For others viewing this thread please do not use these pictures unless you have a 69-70 Mustang since your car was likely/possibly marked differently  :o

Just some related threads

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=3111.msg19976#msg19976

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=6144.msg35109#msg35109

And some pictures ;)

« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 01:01:48 AM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline mark

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 03:59:54 AM »
Thanks Jeff these pics help a lot realy appreciate the help and the info i have come across is amazing so far , cheers