Author Topic: A few detail questions  (Read 1716 times)

Offline redmach69

A few detail questions
« on: September 17, 2013, 12:25:31 PM »
Does anyone know which way the regulator faces on a 1969 Metuchen car? My plug is in the front, but a lot of them seem to be facing the shock tower. Also same question about the windshield washer hose routing at the firewall, I thought it ran through the plastic clip above the master cylinder with the hood scoop wires, but in the kit I bought the long hose is not long enough. Any info or pics would be appreciated. I'm not building a show car but I do like things to be as correct as possible. By the way new member first post.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: A few detail questions
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 12:34:20 AM »
First welcome to the site - hope you find it useful. In the future (some include it in their signature so its not forgotten ;) please incldue when your car was built along with the year as you already have. Elminated the follow up question that normally follows int he first response :)

Does anyone know which way the regulator faces on a 1969 Metuchen car? My plug is in the front, but a lot of them seem to be facing the shock tower.

Typically your plant your year the regulator is attached so that the attachment point faces rearward/to the shock tower. Stopped looking after the first 40 original examples were situated that way in my collection of pictures

Also same question about the windshield washer hose routing at the firewall, I thought it ran through the plastic clip above the master cylinder with the hood scoop wires, but in the kit I bought the long hose is not long enough. Any info or pics would be appreciated.

Looking at other examples it runs through the wire loop in front of the drivers side hinge then to the loop (different strap that attaches to the stud under the firewall to cowl pinch weld)  then to the connector on the cowl cover

I'm not building a show car but I do like things to be as correct as possible. By the way new member first post.

Watch our you don't catch the concours bug :)

Again welcome - hopefully you'll find its the best money (joining the site) you ever spent on your car ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline redmach69

Re: A few detail questions
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 09:39:39 AM »
Thanks for the info, Jeff, I see that you are the man when it comes to this stuff! I'll turn the regulator around, and the hose problem is probably just in the nature of reproduction parts.
Thanks Again
  TM