Author Topic: 351W Autolite spark plug wire question  (Read 1558 times)

Offline Buiaka

351W Autolite spark plug wire question
« on: August 26, 2013, 02:26:09 AM »
Hi all,

the Autolite spark plug wire set for the 351W includes 2 types of spark plug connectors. An angled and a straight one. Which wire connects to which cylinder? Some of the wires have a sleeve on them. So any idea which wire to put on which cylinder? Do they have numbers on it?
Can anyone say something about the quality of this Autolite wires?

Thank you

greets

Christopher

Here is a picture

Offline drummingrocks

Re: 351W Autolite spark plug wire question
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 11:28:59 AM »
I have the reproduction Autolite plug wire set on my '69 351W Mach 1.  The wires are numbered, so it's easy to get the correct wire installed on the correct cylinder.  As far as quality, I've been very happy with them on my car.  I didn't have any original wires to compare to, but the wires on my car seem to fit and function as Ford intended.  They certainly look a ton better than having generic parts store replacements.
Too much junk, too little time.

Offline ClevelandKid

Re: 351W Autolite spark plug wire question
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 04:45:52 PM »
The reproduction set I got from NPD had orange spark plug boots. The fit nice. They don't have the angled boots just the straight ones. They are numbered. By the way don't forget to use a good dab of dielectric grease on the end of the plug and up inside the boot. You can get it at any parts store. Autozone, Advance, Pep Boys ect.
Mustang country. Get the women,kids and Chevys off the streets.