Author Topic: Found some documentation pictures  (Read 1198 times)

Offline jtfx6552

Found some documentation pictures
« on: July 03, 2013, 01:09:39 AM »
Well actually before I took the car apart I shot a video. I pretty much documented all stuff that's common knowledge and didn't document the unique features.

Having said that, while I was moving the camera from place to place, I occasionally accidentally had documented some stuff that I do want to know now.

A few questions, car is October 64 dearborn built.

Do the floor pans always have drips? Mine appears that it didn't when I made the tape. Hard to say if it ever did though. There are a few spots that look like they may be drips, but not as many as I've seen on just about every other car.

I think I remember a post somewhere where somebody (Charles maybe) explained what this bolt and clip on the rear frame rail in at the front of the wheel house are for?

Unfortunately for me, I never panned further up the frame rail to see what I really want to know, if the sound deadener was done "neat" and was just in the wheel well, or whether it over sprayed onto the frame rail. Based on this low section, I think it was done neat. Any thoughts on that?

Looking at a lot of restored cars, I always wondered why body color went so far forward on the inner aprons. Based on how white it is under the removed steering bolts, looks like the white over spray went far forward to at least the back of the shock tower. Matches what i've seen online and in person on other restored cars.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 12:50:44 PM by jtfx6552 »
1965 Mustang Fastback, October 29, 1964 Dearborn Build, In the family since new.

Offline jtfx6552

Re: Found some documentation pictures
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 12:51:38 PM »
I changed the pictures in the above post to "curve" adjusted ones. Hopefully they are more clear.
1965 Mustang Fastback, October 29, 1964 Dearborn Build, In the family since new.

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: Found some documentation pictures
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 12:56:40 PM »
Dearborn was typically body color up to about the middle of the shock tower, but this is something that varies from car to car. 

That bolt on the rear frame rail might have been for the outer parking brake bracket.  It's hard to get the orientation from the pic.  It was common for an extra bolt or wire to be inserted into the frame rail to hold up the parking brake cables as the car went down the assembly line (before the rear assembly was attached).  Dearborn was typically a metal hook and San Jose used a bolt with a plastic loop.  The plastic loop was broken as the parking brake was pulled down to attach to the rear backing plates.  Maybe someone can post a pic of what they have found on October '64 Dearborn cars.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin