Author Topic: 68 front marker light retainer  (Read 4183 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 68 front marker light retainer
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2013, 09:02:04 PM »
I don't think it is olive drab because that is very green although flat and darker. The parts like the retainers and  69/70 cowl wiper arms are more bronze then green.  I never gave the zinc dicromate a second thought until I saw some examples of the dark plated . Since the retainer was part of a electrcal assembly like many other light retainers that are zinc dichromate which is typical to electrical I never thought another plating was used.

I believe the dark bronze finish might be very close to the 65-66 seat riser plates that we just had tested. At least that might be a good place to start ;)

Again, as others have stated, might just be a batch or to of plating solution that were mixed differently
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: 68 front marker light retainer
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2013, 05:51:43 PM »
I believe the dark bronze finish might be very close to the 65-66 seat riser plates that we just had tested. At least that might be a good place to start ;)

Again, as others have stated, might just be a batch or to of plating solution that were mixed differently
It does look similar to the seat riser shims. I don't think it is a mistake batch of any kind because there are so many that are consistently that same way over a number of years yet we don't come across any that are (in this hypothetical case) a non contaminated brilliant zinc dichromate gold .
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby