Author Topic: Correct Washer Pump and Location for 2-speed Wipers  (Read 2425 times)

Offline drummingrocks

Correct Washer Pump and Location for 2-speed Wipers
« on: March 15, 2013, 09:17:14 AM »
I'm working on a few engine bay details on my '66 fastback, built December 8th, 1965, in Dearborn.  The car came with 2-speed wipers.  At some time in the past, a previous owner removed the windshield washer pump and mounted an electric fuel pump in its place.  I now have four holes in the fender apron, but I think the washer pump originally only used two.  I'm trying to figure out which two holes are original holes and which two have been added by the previous owner.

Could someone post pictures of the correct original location of the two-speed washer pump?  Thanks for the help!
Too much junk, too little time.

Offline rocket289k

Re: Correct Washer Pump and Location for 2-speed Wipers
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 03:52:22 PM »
Hi there,

I've attached a photo of my left fender apron as I was getting ready to start the reassembly of my July 65 Metuchen built Coupe.  There were no miscellaneous holes driled in the sheetmetal and my car is equipped with 2 Speed Wipers as well.  I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ron
1965 "A" Code 289 Mustang GT - Planned Build Date July 19 / Bucked July 21 Metuchen / Factory AC & PS / C4 Auto / 3.00 open

Offline drummingrocks

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 11:05:44 PM »
Thank you, that was exactly what I needed!
Too much junk, too little time.

Offline rodster

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 11:44:11 PM »
Great picture, I'm going 'borrow' it for a question on another topic.  ;)
1965 Dearborn Mustang Coupe
Raven Black - Palomino Pony
1967 Dearborn Mustang Conv.
Wimbeldon White - Red
1984 SVO - 2A

Offline rocket289k

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 04:53:31 PM »
Hi Guys - I'm glad the picture helped.  I also found a pre-restoration picture of the same area today.  It should have identify the exact location of the screw for the washer pump.  There is a plug and a wire loom holder in the other holes.

When I pulled up the picture I noticed what seemed to be resisdue of a decal or sticker right next to the washer fluid bag.  I don't ever recall seeing a factory decal or sticker in this location.  Has anyone seen a sticker there before?  I had the same kind of residue near the starter seloid for the battery sticker.

Regards,

Ron
1965 "A" Code 289 Mustang GT - Planned Build Date July 19 / Bucked July 21 Metuchen / Factory AC & PS / C4 Auto / 3.00 open

Offline rodster

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 09:20:21 PM »
Another great picture!   Not just the content but the quality too. That camera takes good pictures.  8)

Thanks again for sharing the details.

Regarding the decal....yes I have seen a decal in that spot and it just happened to be an original owner NJ car.  I remember it because I thought it was an odd place to put the decal.  I think I even have a picture of it somewhere.  ;)  I'll post it as soon as I find it.
Wimbeldon White - Red
1984 SVO - 2A

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 10:41:46 PM »
When I pulled up the picture I noticed what seemed to be resisdue of a decal or sticker right next to the washer fluid bag.  I don't ever recall seeing a factory decal or sticker in this location.  Has anyone seen a sticker there before?  I had the same kind of residue near the starter seloid for the battery sticker.

Getting off thread - but yes.  Might be related to the AC and the  compressor location. OF course plant and time period also can play into this ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline rocket289k

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 11:34:37 PM »
Apoligies for going off thread somewhat.   Rodster if you just want to PM me that picture if you find it that would be great so we don't drag this thread off topic. My car is a late July 1965 Metuchen built car. So the sticker you saw matches the plant.

Ron

Offline rodster

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 11:45:42 AM »
Wouldn't be the first thread to get off topic.  ;D   That's why I find the 'search' function so useful! 

I started a new topic with pictures attached.  ;)
Wimbeldon White - Red
1984 SVO - 2A