Author Topic: Engine Compartment Decals  (Read 1491 times)

Offline buckeyeresto

Engine Compartment Decals
« on: March 12, 2013, 07:19:21 AM »
Looking to see if anyone has any info of when the engine compartment decals first appeared  in the engine compartment.  We know that very early cars didn't get decals.  I have an April 17 car that has no signs of any type of decal ever in the engine compartment.  Does anyone have any pictures of cars build around April 17

thanks

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Engine Compartment Decals
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 08:30:40 PM »
Interesting - so no decals, wonder why they would not include service and other details like all the other cars. Not like the decals were (well most) specific to Mustangs. Have you checked Falcons and other cars built at the same plant and time?

Guessing (following the pattern) these cars didn't ahve jack or rear tie down instructions?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 08:33:51 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline fast66

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 03:48:21 AM »
Hi,
I own a 1964 Fairlane, built in Dearborn with planned build date of 16D. I am the second ownere since 1979 and the car was untuched when I gpt it from an older lady. It was absolutely untouched with everything still there as date stamps, ignition cables etc. Absolutely no sign of service decal or traces of glue. I am checkinh with a Fairlane enthusiast here in Sweden if he has seen any over the years.
Would need more than me/mine to verify of course.
br
Claes

ps my car has the decal for jacking instruction on the back lid and a small tag on the jack itself. ds
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 03:51:19 AM by fast66 »
6T09K212784
63A 4 25 21B 951384 5 6

Offline buckeyeresto

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 07:12:32 AM »
this is a pace car coupe an so signs of any stickers at all ever being in the engine comparment the paint ok stamps are there in red but other then that nada sign of any stickers.  jacking instructions are present on the decklid

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 12:10:21 PM »
-Just out of my curiosity how are the jack storage and use instruction stickers oriented? straight or angled? or is this plant specific

Offline mgmradio

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 03:16:11 PM »
Interesting. My Aug coupe doesn't have a jacking decal or any signs of there having been one.
Formerly the MCA ANHJ 64.5-66!

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 11:22:42 PM »
-Just out of my curiosity how are the jack storage and use instruction stickers oriented? straight or angled? or is this plant specific

On cars that had them (as that develops ;)  since they were applied by different workers we've always looked to time period and plant to see examples of what different workers were doing at different times, since they often fell into repetitive habits (in general terms) that may be identifiable if you lack original evidence

That response sounds like a politician :( 
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)