Author Topic: instrument cluster  (Read 1910 times)

Offline myblue67

instrument cluster
« on: February 15, 2013, 03:32:34 AM »
The middle circle in my instrument cluster is empty except for the plastic. I believe that theres supposed to be a clock there? Would they come with an empty space or did a previous owner take it out?? If it is the clock I'm thinking of, i would like to have one. Where would i get one?

Thanks
SG
1967 midnight blue coupe, inline 6 200, Sport Sprint, 3 speed standard, manual brake/steering, San Jose, June 7.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: instrument cluster
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 05:07:23 AM »
The clock was an option - you would need to look at your Marti report or your buildsheet to see how your car was originally equipped.

IF you want to add it - not sure if they are reproduced - if not its time to place a few wanted ads on the forums ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline myblue67

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 07:14:12 AM »
My marti doesn't say clock  :'( .I do want one and I have seen reproduction ones bit there around 100$ though. Where do I post a wanted add? And could I post one for a radio also?  Why would they sell a car with a missing part of the bezel?! It's like if u went to buy a new car and didn't ask for a GPS so they left a hole there instead Haha.

Thanks for the quick reply!

SG
1967 midnight blue coupe, inline 6 200, Sport Sprint, 3 speed standard, manual brake/steering, San Jose, June 7.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 06:38:56 PM »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Andrew@MagMustangs

• MagMustangs: Original Parts for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs
    • MagMustangs
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 10:36:11 PM »
If a car was not ordered with the Optional Dash Clock then it would have had a blanking plate in the center small gauge hole. It had the look of a gauge but did not have any function, it was just a plastic plate with gauge markings printed on it. If you go that route just make sure you get one from a 67, the 68 has a different part number and I have never had the 2 together to compare them for differences.
MagMustangs: Vintage Mustang Enthusiasts. We have Original Factory Parts for 1964 1/2-1973 Ford Mustang.   Like Us On Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/MagMustangs

Offline myblue67

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 06:25:23 PM »
If a car was not ordered with the Optional Dash Clock then it would have had a blanking plate in the center small gauge hole. It had the look of a gauge but did not have any function, it was just a plastic plate with gauge markings printed on it. If you go that route just make sure you get one from a 67, the 68 has a different part number and I have never had the 2 together to compare them for differences.

Ok. Maybe ill post a pic of what mine looks like.

Offline Andrew@MagMustangs

• MagMustangs: Original Parts for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs
    • MagMustangs
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 12:52:05 AM »
Sure, please post a pic. It sounded to me like you were saying that you just had an empty hole instead of the blanking plate. If you post a pic then we can tell you exactly what you have.  :)
MagMustangs: Vintage Mustang Enthusiasts. We have Original Factory Parts for 1964 1/2-1973 Ford Mustang.   Like Us On Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/MagMustangs

Offline Paperback Writer

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 06:25:51 PM »
The clock was an option - you would need to look at your Marti report or your buildsheet to see how your car was originally equipped.

Please note - 1967 Mustangs with the Deluxe Interior option also came with the clock in the instrument cluster, but it will not be called out as a specific item on the Marti reports (however, it will still appear on the buildsheets as an "X" in cell C19)...

Cheers!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 06:38:39 PM by Paperback Writer »
1967 390 GTA Convertible
7R03S110###
76B - V - 6U - 30J - 72 - 1 - U
(Actually built on 9/22/1966 - Eight days ahead of schedule)