Author Topic: Color of fold down seat on fastback 65-66  (Read 3475 times)

Offline Max66

Color of fold down seat on fastback 65-66
« on: February 01, 2013, 06:38:14 PM »
The fastback I have was striped bare when I got the car. It came factory parchment  with black appointments (the door tag). My question is on the rear folding seat frame should it be  parchment or black. I know the carpet is black and trap door is parchment .what about the curved piece ? And the rest of the seat frame?  Would anyone have a pic of the rear quarter trim where it meets the wind lace and window sill? I would appreciate any help.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 05:51:08 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
Re: Color of fold down season fastback
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 07:30:20 PM »
what year car?? what assy. plant?
5F09C331248

Offline Max66

Re: Color of fold down seat on fastback
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 07:52:40 PM »
6t09k.  I should have given more info. Metuchen New Jersey

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 08:38:40 PM »
It would be all black, the painted sections, carpet and seat, except the lower section would be two tone.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Max66

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 11:20:29 AM »
Are you saying all of the metal parts of the rear seat should be black? Including the curved section that is textured. Would you mind elaborating on what you are referring to the lower section and how it should be two tone.

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 05:33:44 PM »
Here's a fresh off the press picture of my 66 K GT Fastback. The interior is deluxe (63B) code 62, blue/white. What is the code on your door data tag?
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Max66

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 03:35:58 PM »
Body 63b. Trim. B6.  To clarify I am interested in the seat frame the metal painted parts. I see that your seat belts match the carpet. I was thinking mine should be black also to match the carpet. Yours is looking good. I think I understand that  jwc66k was referring to to the upholstery is two tone. With parchment it isn't two different colors more like different shades of the same color very slight. I am getting ready to paint the seat frame and would like to get the correct colors. By the way thanks for taking the time to reply.

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 04:44:17 PM »
There is no interior code B6. You may be looking at teh build date. If your fold down seat carpet is black, then the fold down seat metal would be black. My blue/white interior car is that way, a 66 Fastback I had came with standard red interior which had burgundy as a counter color. The metal of the seat was burgundy but I couldn't find a match so I used a GM paint that was close.
Jim

Offline Max66

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 08:13:17 PM »
My mistake it is F6

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 10:33:04 PM »
My mistake it is F6

Don't see a F6 in the book I have .

Are you asking specifically about the seat frame?  IF so its covered by the seat material (will not be seen) and its a semi or gloss black, Now the rear fold down is made up of three  carpeted panels. The curved (carpet on one side - painted on the other on all of these) the back of the seat section and the filler panel between the folddown panels and the trap door.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)