Author Topic: Rear frame rail reinforcement for dual exhaust - throw it out to the experts...  (Read 1372 times)

Offline slipkid

Bob Gelsi (long time Mustang restorer in South Jersey) cut this out of a factory dual exhaust car.  He thinks its out of a '67 (it was cut out a long time ago). It has the 2 holes for the exhaust bracket, the inside has an additional piece of sheet metal reinforcing.  No crush tubes where the dual exhaust bolts go through the frame.  I did not mark up the photos to point out the items - the markings would get in the way of all the pieces being referred to.

Anyways, I always thought crush tubes were the norm. But I don't know as much as you guys, so h it is.......

Rob

Offline jwc66k

Here's a drawing of the 65-66 version. It's not a "tube" but more of a spacer/bracket/standoff/plate - well, you get the idea. "Tube" is a lot easier to say.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline slipkid

Right.  This rail doesn't have that.  It has a reinforcing plate inside the rail.  The 2 dual exhaust bolts go through the rail and reinforcingplate.  I just don't know if that's how '67's were done at the factory