Author Topic: Dearborn Mach I build date subtle changes  (Read 1788 times)

Offline rayms69

Dearborn Mach I build date subtle changes
« on: December 06, 2012, 10:11:25 PM »
my actual build date 10-20-69. For some reason i thought it was a 10-28-69 build date. was there subtle changes between the 20th and 28th. i was talking with bill at mansfield and there were some changes around that time, im pretty sure the conversation was about getting the right kickdown rod for my car. the one i got from him does fit, so i think i effed that one up. I thought he said the 26th was the change day. I think i will call unless somebody has an idea.
10-26-1969 Dearborn 428 SCJ auto

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Dearborn Mach I build date subtle changes
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 03:05:21 PM »
A little slow today so bare with me please

So we have a 10/20 built Dearborn car and you're looking for info on the kick down mechanism?

You believe there was a change in the whole assembly or in one part of the assembly?

What engine are we discussing since the assembles are different
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline rayms69

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 12:50:22 PM »
428 scj automatic, sorry. yes there was a change around that time, i am wondering if there was a change made between the 20th and 28th. the build date was crucial to bill at mansfield, pretty sure i told him mine was built on 28th. my kickdown i ordered does not work. maybe there was a different kickdown intended for my car.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 06:07:48 PM »
428 scj automatic, sorry. yes there was a change around that time, i am wondering if there was a change made between the 20th and 28th. the build date was crucial to bill at mansfield, pretty sure i told him mine was built on 28th. my kickdown i ordered does not work. maybe there was a different kickdown intended for my car.

Hmm being a subtle change and on a year where they didn't build allot of these cars (compared to 69 ;) I would suggest you look over at http://www.428cobrajet.org/id-kickdown, if you have not already,  a great website what focuses just on these cars. They are more likely to have experience with the change or the lack of one that our small population of 70 CJ owners here.

Join and use the forum to glean from the experiences of all that participate there

http://www.428cobrajet.org/forum/

Jeff Speegle

Offline rayms69

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 02:47:15 PM »
thanks jeff

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 07:48:27 PM »
Might need to post to the forum. Just want to help you get the best possible (and the most) responses ;)
Jeff Speegle