Author Topic: Chrome mirror(s) on '69 GT  (Read 1932 times)

Offline 69mustanggt

Chrome mirror(s) on '69 GT
« on: November 10, 2012, 10:01:39 PM »
I am thinking about replacing the driver/passenger side sport mirrors the PO put on the car with the remote chrome one like it should have.   According to the Marti report the car has GT Equipment Group and the Interior Decor Group (getting specifics on what these things actually included is a topic for another day).  I have poked around this site and others but can't find out if the car would have had a passenger side mirror.  While I do like the look of the sport mirrors - I just want to restore the original look and also not have my car look like every other '69 in my area.   It seems all I ever see are cars with the sport mirrors.

So, should I continue my quest to find a '69 passenger chrome mirror  (I have found a drivers side one) -- or should I stay on the sport mirror bandwagon and leave them alone?

Offline mbellaire

Re: Chrome mirror(s) on '69 GT
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 10:52:57 PM »
I have a 69 GT with Interior Decor and it has a driver's side chrome mirror only.  Passenger side has nothing.

69 Mustang sales brochure says Interior Decor Option includes remote control left-hand outside mirror (so no passenger mirror unless your car was optioned with racing mirrors too - but the Marti report would tell you that).

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 07:37:47 PM »
Believe the remote drivers side mirror was separate from the passenger side mirror (you could get one without the other)

As part of the discussion do you have the cars original buck tag in place and what information is on it ?
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 69mustanggt

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 07:51:01 PM »
I do have the tag -- but it is in a "box".  I will have to dig around and find out.  I remember putting it away and telling myself that is a good place and when I need it I will be able to go right to it.  Well, many months and lots of "boxes" later -- I am drawing a blank.  When I find it I will post the post details to this thread.

Offline PerkinsRestoration

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 06:03:24 PM »
I don't believe Ford offered a RH companian Chrome mirror for the 69-70 Mustang. The C9AZ-17696-A RH Chrome accessory mirror has same style head but longer base than the LH chrome remote. Looks close ,but not really a Mustang accessory. The Screw holes on the LH Chrome mirror will not line up with the racing mirror holes so not an easy swap.

Offline 69mustanggt

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 02:48:45 PM »
Found the tag here are the details:

9F02Hxxxxxx 63B 6 20
5W
GT I DG

Hard to tell if the character after the GT is a 1 or I -- I am guessing it is an I.

priceless

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 09:24:04 AM »
From my findings.
GT=GT Equipment.
DG=Interior Decor Group.

Don't know what the 'I' would stand for, and haven't seen a '1' in any kind of listings I've seen.

Offline 69mustanggt

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 07:23:40 PM »
Just double checked it and it sure looks like an I.  There is a small space between it and the DG - the size of the spacing is bigger than between the DG.  Maybe somebody got bored on the line and decided to put something a little extra on the tag.