Author Topic: What Exactly Is A Survivor?  (Read 1398 times)

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
What Exactly Is A Survivor?
« on: January 02, 2012, 09:46:57 AM »
-And I'm NOT talking about the kind that Jeff Probst manufactures!!
-Case in point I am going to try & help my Niece sell her '86 GT Convertible that is pretty much original with normal driver type maintenance, but not all hacked up-just trying to decern what to call it when I advertise it.
-Its a fully Loaded 5.0 GT Convertible with 2 re-paints, original interior (ruff), flowmaster mufflers in STOCK exhaust, BBK Clutch cable & quadrant, aftermarket stereo, and thats about it-It DOES need paint again. just not sure IF this car would be considered a "survivor" or not-I always thought that the survivor cars were ALL original, paint, interior, engine, trans, ect. Thanks!

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: What Exactly Is A Survivor?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 10:58:48 AM »
Typically, the most damning item differentiating a survivor would be original paint.  I suppose most cars that would be labeled a survivor are old, maybe 25+ years, have original paint, interior and with no major flaws or modifications.  Typically would have things like original tires, belts, hoses and such and most likely low mileage, under 50k original miles.

The 5.0 GT convertible you describe sounds nothing like my picture of a survivor.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
Re: What Exactly Is A Survivor?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 01:18:20 PM »
Thanks Charles! Doesn't really sound like one to me either.
-I know that there isn't really much activity here on Concours for the Fox-bodies, I'm just trying to find the right angle to advertise it with-I pulled a Marti report on it, and it confirms everything we already knew about the car and then some.
-So, I guess I'll just put it out there with all the info I've got on it and go from there.