Author Topic: Original Tooling '69 Mach 1 Stripe Kit by MartiAuto. Anyone buy or see one?  (Read 2375 times)

Offline drummingrocks

Kevin Marti fairly recently reproduced a limited batch of '69 Mach 1 stripe kits in all three variations.  These were advertised as being original tooling from the OEM manufacturer.  As luck would have it, I intended to buy a gold stripe kit for my Black Jade Mach 1, but never got around to it.  Now, they're sold out, and though they're listed as Out of Stock Temporarily, a lady from Marti Auto Works confirmed that there was no plan to have another batch produced.

Did anyone happen to buy one of these stripe kits when they were available?  The advertisement was sort of vague about the difference between these OEM tooling stripes and the current reproductions.  However, according to Mustangs Unlimited, the reproductions are Ford-licensed.  Since it looks like I'll be going with a regular reproduction stripe kit, I was wondering what the differences are.  Are there blatantly incorrect colors, fonts, materials, or anything like that?  Is there an easy way to tell a reproduction from an OEM (or OEM tooling) stripe?  I really wish I'd bought one of the Marti kits, but looks like that ship has sailed.
Too much junk, too little time.

Offline Aussiemach

• Silver Level Subscriber
I had 2 on order but they did not supply because they said they were not happy with the quality of those kits
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 05:14:26 PM by Aussiemach »
1969 Mach 1 351w FMX Built in San Jose, February 26 1969

Offline drummingrocks

Good, I feel better then.  The lady answering the phone said they had planned on restocking those kits, but had changed their mind.  She wouldn't really comment on why, but she was very adamant about repeating "We don't do stripe kits."   I guess they had a pretty bad experience with those few they had made.
Too much junk, too little time.

Offline Bosskraft

No bad experience, but rather Kevin was tired of the cheap crappy kits that were flooding the market and everybody ran to them because of price, rather than paying a few extra bucks for the kit that is right in design, cut and color. Kevin is a perfectionist and a bloody nice bloke. He has recently spoken of doing them again, along with stocking ONLY items that are the best of the best, correct for concours resto's. I certainly support him in that direction. Most of the parts available today are absolute junk.
Sean McDonagh
www.bosskraft.com
MCA (Mustang Club of America) Gold Card Judge

Offline Aussiemach

• Silver Level Subscriber
Thanks Sean, If Kevin gets those stripe kits made I'll order 2
1969 Mach 1 351w FMX Built in San Jose, February 26 1969

Offline ruppstang

You may want to check with Jeff or Julie at R&A Motorsports  Jeff@r-amotorspotrs.com they make some really nice stripe kits.