Author Topic: 69 Convertible seat belt question  (Read 2508 times)

Offline agwinged

69 Convertible seat belt question
« on: September 19, 2011, 01:58:53 AM »
When I bought the car all of the seat belts were in a box.  I’m ready to restore the belts but want to ensure I’m restoring what the car needs. 

There is clearing a matching set of male and female belts for the back seat along with the retractable male that pulls out of the rear interior quarter panel.  There is the front female (smaller size) for the front that sits in the center console when not in use that mates to the retractable male belt.  Then I have another set of male/female Shelby belts that look like the rear set along with a set of Front side retractor male belts.  If I put them all in the car, the front would have two sets of belts, the smaller (1968 version) that goes in the center console for the shoulder harness and then a lap belt. 

Is that right?

Thanks,
Craig 

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 69 Convertible seat belt question
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 04:19:08 PM »
Does this help?

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline agwinged

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 06:21:03 AM »
Yep, helps.  The female portion shown in the photo sitting on the seat mates to the retractable shoulder belt. 

Does the female bucket in the photo sitting in the console mate to a retractable male belt that has the plastic/rubber case bolted next to the sill plate or does it have a male belt mate similar to the ones in the back seat?

Thank Jeff!

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 03:44:29 PM »
Yep, helps.  The female portion shown in the photo sitting on the seat mates to the retractable shoulder belt. 

Does the female bucket in the photo sitting in the console mate to a retractable male belt that has the plastic/rubber case bolted next to the sill plate or does it have a male belt mate similar to the ones in the back seat?

Thank Jeff!
The 69/70 Shelby convert does not use a retractable male belt. It is a loose belt like the back seat male ,but without the same clear sleeve protector. Bob
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline agwinged

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 05:34:42 PM »
How much does a retractable 1969 Shelby convertible retractable seat belt cost these days?  One in working order - just the retractable side.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 01:24:09 AM »
How much does a retractable 1969 Shelby convertible retractable seat belt cost these days?  One in working order - just the retractable side.
Are you referring to the seat belt or the shoulder harness? If the seatbelt I already answered your question in reply #3. Bob
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 01:25:54 AM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby