Author Topic: Glass Replacement Feedback  (Read 59 times)

Offline bpmdu

Glass Replacement Feedback
« on: September 27, 2024, 04:22:47 PM »
Hey all, I have a 428 Mach 1 double R code that is almost entirely original including the glass. It's not a survivor or anything, it has been restored and repainted as well as one fender replaced. The problem I'm running in to is the glass - when I bought it they left the original glass on the car and it's quite scratched up on every single surface.

My question is do I replace the glass with the Auto City (or whichever vendor) correctly stamped glass or do I search out better originals? I honestly have not spent any time looking at or trying to find original glass so I'm not even certain if this is an option? Car was built February 69. What would you all do if this was your car replace the original glass with correct report or try to hunt out better originals?

Offline AJ

Re: Glass Replacement Feedback
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2024, 04:44:24 PM »
Sent you a PM
Adrian Jacobs
70 Boss 302  Dearborn, 11/22/69, original calypso paint,  original family ownership.
70 GT500 , 02/26/69, a/c auto, candy red

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Glass Replacement Feedback
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2024, 09:22:17 PM »
Since you described your glass by posting "it's quite scratched up on every single surface." We understand that your not going to have to find just one "matching" window but all and you describe your car as a restored one, I would get new glass with the original markings. Can't see the reason to spend a year or so seeking out original in good condition with appropriate dates for your car.

One time the Easy Button is the best choice  ;D
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)