Author Topic: 4-Barrel Intake Manifold - Hipo  (Read 292 times)

Offline mmus65tang

4-Barrel Intake Manifold - Hipo
« on: September 25, 2024, 04:07:07 PM »
I have a 1966 fastback Hipo built in Dearborn with a scheduled build date of August 12th, with a manual 4-speed top loader transmission. My question concerns the correct 4-barrel intake manifold. I know the correct intake would be a C6OE-9425-B with a date code of "G" (July). The engine block has a date of 6G25Y. I have seen C6OE-9425-B intake manifolds for sale on Ebay with the cast area of the rear of the intake where the road draft tube mounted on earlier intakes that have "3"bolt holes and I have seen intakes with no bolt holes. Are the intakes with the "3" bolt holes for automatic cars and the intakes with no holes for manual cars. Or is either correct for a 4-speed car?

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: 4-Barrel Intake Manifold - Hipo
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2024, 06:18:07 PM »
I have a 1966 fastback Hipo built in Dearborn with a scheduled build date of August 12th, with a manual 4-speed top loader transmission. My question concerns the correct 4-barrel intake manifold. I know the correct intake would be a C6OE-9425-B with a date code of "G" (July). The engine block has a date of 6G25Y. I have seen C6OE-9425-B intake manifolds for sale on Ebay with the cast area of the rear of the intake where the road draft tube mounted on earlier intakes that have "3"bolt holes and I have seen intakes with no bolt holes. Are the intakes with the "3" bolt holes for automatic cars and the intakes with no holes for manual cars. Or is either correct for a 4-speed car?
Apparently it is not automatic or manual exclusive. Both could have it . It is a early/later production deal.  It was for the T/E backfire suppression valve . A change that happened in late 1965 according to Bob Mannel.     https://www.virginiaclassicmustang.com/MUSTANG-AND-FORD-SMALL-BLOCK-V8-BOOK-1962-1969-VOLUMES-1-AND-2-P442062.aspx   . Given your date the one with the threaded holes is what you want.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline mmus65tang

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2024, 08:04:39 PM »
Great thanks for your help.

Now does anyone on the forum have a nice C6OE-9425-B 4-barrel intake manifold with a "G" date code for sale.

Thanks
Mike

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2024, 09:27:54 PM »
Great thanks for your help.

Now does anyone on the forum have a nice C6OE-9425-B 4-barrel intake manifold with a "G" date code for sale.

Place a wanted ad in that section and find out  :D
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline mmus65tang

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2024, 10:12:03 PM »
I did under the "Wanted Ads" Section. Is that the best place to post a request for the intake manifold?

Thanks
Mike

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2024, 10:37:53 PM »
I did under the "Wanted Ads" Section. Is that the best place to post a request for the intake manifold?

Thanks
Mike

Saw that after I posted. Yes that would be the best place for this site but you will to take advantage of using a wider net so I suggest you post a similar request on sites like VMF and maybe some of the other Mustang sites online. Also continue to be aggressive by also watching Ebay as you are and the other sites for someone selling a similar intake. They made a lot of them but not many people choose to keep and store them all these years

Good luck with the search
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline mmus65tang

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2024, 01:42:10 AM »
Will Do. Thanks Jeff

Mike