Author Topic: 65 Interior Decor trim code  (Read 1658 times)

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
Re: 65 Interior Decor trim code
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2024, 12:04:01 PM »
Also want to make sure I?m barking up the right tree here. Is F6 a correct interior code for 65? I?m showing that to be white deluxe with black accents. I see other places listing it as parchment.
Tim Lea  Shelby concours judge MCA, SAAC, Mid America

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2024, 01:33:58 PM »
Certainly a picture is worth 1000 words right? So for what I?m seeing of Jeff?s pictures everything on the interior would be white with the exception of the carpet, seatbelts, dash pad, speaker, grill, lower windshield trim 
What?s also interesting I would?ve thought the kick panels would have a carpeted black lower but none of the examples of Jeff show that

No carpet on the kick panels was limited to deluxe interior packages

Also want to make sure I?m barking up the right tree here. Is F6 a correct interior code for 65? I?m showing that to be white deluxe with black accents. I see other places listing it as parchment.

Agreed reference books (non-Ford) are all over the place with the coding. Will look to see if I've got a picture or two of a car coded that way in late 65 production Not going to be easy I think
« Last Edit: August 18, 2024, 01:40:45 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2024, 02:13:22 PM »
1965 Mustang dode F6 appears to be White Crinkle/Black (what ever "crinkle" is).
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2024, 02:16:28 PM »
Don't think that the chart he posted is from Ford source during production of the vehicle's since it includes both 65 and 66 interior codes. For interiors with differ colored appointments from the interior color those are 65 only combinations

Of course this is for standard interior combinations

Some examples from 65 cars

Even with the "disclaimer" that these pictures are of a STANDARD interior, why are they posted? It would still be confusing even if you read it a couple of times.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2024, 02:35:04 PM »
OK, one more, on deluxe interior would center console, would that be black or white?
Back to my reply number 8 - "Group 1" shows that both deluxe and standard consoles would be the same color. However. I remember an article in a Mustang magazine that "production problems" with 65-66 consoles prompted black ones to be installed instead of colored ones. I don't know where, when or how long this "may" have occurred. (Plus, dealers installed what they had, irrespective of color.)
Jim

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2024, 03:07:03 PM »
Jeff?s picture number two shows a black console on a car with white interior and black carpet. Granted it?s not deluxe interior. I just wanna make sure I?m not trying to create a car that didn?t exist. All the TMI references on 65 white shows it to be off-white.

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2024, 03:27:52 PM »
Just surfing the neck here?s an older post of a guy claiming to have an F6 tag. He didn?t post a picture of the tag to see if it?s original and it looks like someone may have changed interior at some point, but if he?s got a real warranty tag it shows at least F6 did exist at 65. His car is late May And my car although I don?t have an actual bill date was probably built in July
https://www.vintage-mustang.com/threads/1965-white-f6-interior.905561/

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2024, 03:29:26 PM »
Another older thread. Someone. Appeared to be posting a picture of an F white with red interior but it?s not showing up. Post is 12 years old
https://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=4394.0

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2024, 03:40:44 PM »
One more, Klaus?s early Mustang site shows a picture of F6 interior but I don?t know how accurate it is and can?t see the warranty tag

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2024, 06:27:47 PM »
One more, Klaus?s early Mustang site shows a picture of F6 interior
You could list the website.
Jim

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2024, 07:10:49 PM »
You could list the website.
Jim
I did, but it?s just a picture and it doesn?t show a picture of the actual warranty tag or the build
date of the car
https://early-mustang.com/index.php/65-decode
« Last Edit: August 18, 2024, 07:14:33 PM by TLea »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2024, 07:28:52 PM »
Back to my reply number 8 - "Group 1" shows that both deluxe and standard consoles would be the same color. However. I remember an article in a Mustang magazine that "production problems" with 65-66 consoles prompted black ones to be installed instead of colored ones. I don't know where, when or how long this "may" have occurred. (Plus, dealers installed what they had, irrespective of color.)
Jim

There was a fair amount of discussion at the time that article was printed. Since we now still don't have the production data for 65-66 we can't be certain as to what cars did or did not come from the factory with consoles and which ones may have had the dealership add them to other cars to make a sale.  Would not that I do have examples of deluxe/pony interior 65's with and without consoles but of course I don't have original window stickers to go with these and tell us when they were installed

Jeff?s picture number two shows a black console on a car with white interior and black carpet. Granted it?s not deluxe interior. I just wanna make sure I?m not trying to create a car that didn?t exist. All the TMI references on 65 white shows it to be off-white.

Console likely was installed IMHO by the dealer who typically only stocked the black bases in 65-66. Same reasoning goes for the deluxe/pony interior cars we find with consoles without the woodgrain.  Someone likely wasn't willing to wait possibly weeks for the three or four needed panels to be ordered and shipped  so they took what was on the shelf/in stock

Still looking through pictures and some door tags. Did not usually take pictures of tags since often they were missing and I used the body  to organize and label things.  Since deluxe interiors were only available during a short period and often to people who were watching the dollars not many out there originally. Plenty made/converted in the 80-90's
« Last Edit: August 18, 2024, 08:31:16 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2024, 08:25:49 PM »
I did, but it?s just a picture and it doesn?t show a picture of the actual warranty tag or the build
date of the car
https://early-mustang.com/index.php/65-decode
Thanks Tim. I added it to my bookmarks.
Jim

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2024, 08:38:06 PM »
Just surfing the neck here?s an older post of a guy claiming to have an F6 tag. .....

If you look through all the data plate tag information collected in the long out of print Mustang Production Guide you will find a three or four 65's with the F6 code in the list the Jim's collected back then.

Jeff Speegle

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2024, 10:49:36 PM »
Console usually matches the painted color of the dash panel.  White interior, white console.  As noted, possibly some outliers, but not the norm or what was intended.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin