Author Topic: 200 CID Shock Tower Heater Hose Clamp - Any Plant  (Read 471 times)

Offline wll17057

• 1968 Metuchen NJ 200-1V I-6 Mfg date 07/24/68
200 CID Shock Tower Heater Hose Clamp - Any Plant
« on: October 07, 2023, 11:18:35 PM »
1968 Metuchen 200-1V I-6
Actual Build Date

From the research I was able to perform (unrestored original cars and the factory assembly manual), there is a heater hose clamp on the passenger side shock tower.  Our car has a "fixture" in this location...which is potentially the area that the heater hose clamp attaches to.  I have searched three of the primary parts suppliers and haven't been able to source the clamp OR the strap that supports the return hose, rear of the engine.  I've attached a picture of the shock tower.
1.  Am I correct in assuming that the support item in the picture is for the heater hose attaching to the shock tower, and
2.  Any idea who has these available?
Thanks for your time and input.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 11:44:40 PM by J_Speegle »
Bill Leonard
1968 Metuchen NJ 2-Door Hardtop
200-1V I-6 Engine
DOM:  07/24/68
Tahoe Turquoise w/ Black Interior

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 200 CID Shock Tower Heater Hose Clamp
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2023, 12:06:15 AM »
Not going to add the assembly plant to the title this time since I think its going to be difficult to find examples from any 68 with a T code.In the pictures I have from all three plants very few pictures are of the passenger side of the engine compartment and most of the time the angle has the air cleaner snorkel and/or the S tube right in the way  :P of these section of the shock tower. If we get so many responses and examples we can slit the topic later. One 68 NJ T code example

Did find an unrestored T code from NJ that did not have the retainer where yours or the car below is/was. Did look through all my San Jose and the ones where I could see the PS shock tower none have anything secured or attached there either. You mentioned the assembly manual but of course those include mistakes or parts and practices they didn't use. If I might ask what is the date of that page and the noted revisions?

Not sure if you looked in the Unrestored Picture section under the title Topic: 68 T code Dearborn - Unrestored Picture Thread  The fourth picture below the area of "Engine Pictures" is a particle view.

Here is that picture from that Dearborn example

Would not expect to find originals/NOS or reproduction but someone else may have traveled down this path before.

BTW and in hopes that it will help make your car closer to how it was originally built your bolts and nuts that hole the spring covers  in your front wheel wells to the shock tower were not originally painted black but were P&O  ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline wll17057

• 1968 Metuchen NJ 200-1V I-6 Mfg date 07/24/68
Re: 200 CID Shock Tower Heater Hose Clamp - Any Plant
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2023, 06:31:35 PM »
1968 Mustang Electrical Assembly Manual / Reprint Jim Osborn Page 26

Date:  01/17/68. Supersedes 10/09/67
Heater and Defroster Models - ALL
MUSTANG:  Page z8-8153-1

View B on the page shows the Shock Tower Clip #377719-S - DOMESTIC ONLY
Bill Leonard
1968 Metuchen NJ 2-Door Hardtop
200-1V I-6 Engine
DOM:  07/24/68
Tahoe Turquoise w/ Black Interior

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 200 CID Shock Tower Heater Hose Clamp - Any Plant
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2023, 07:21:41 PM »
"View B on the page shows the Shock Tower Clip #377719-S - DOMESTIC ONLY" 

That not seems a bit odd since you would think this would have been also used on export T codes if it was needed or added at that point. Do have one or two 68 T code NJ built export examples but the shock tower is not in any of the pictures  :(

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)