Author Topic: Metuchen tail light bucket paint daub color  (Read 899 times)

Offline alanmac

Metuchen tail light bucket paint daub color
« on: July 06, 2023, 12:15:45 PM »
Is the blue paint daub baby blue or medium blue color on a Metuchen built car?  Is it on the driver side bucket looking  from the inside of the trunk on the left side?  Is there a paint daub on the passenger side?   Thanks in advance. 

Alan
1970 Mustang Mach 1
351W Shaker Hood
Built at Metuchen
1 of 186 with these paint/trim codes
Build Date: October 7, 1969
0T1190xx
Dealer: Maguires Garage Inc. Duncannon PA

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Metuchen tail light bucket paint daub color
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 06:39:26 PM »
Since its a thing done by the supplier and that the passenger and drivers taillight housings are not specific to one side or the other the markings can be found on both and often still there. The markings have been documented on either side. Often matching on both on a specific car likely due to the fact that they likely came from the same shipment or container from the supplier from the same workers station. Either both left side (looking at the rear of the housing) or both right is pretty typical Have seen a very few where the worker that shift put them below the hole for the bulb but that has not be found very often

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline alanmac

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 07:21:19 PM »
Jeff, Regarding the color.  I was looking at the last picture in the below link of the NJ car with a build date close to mine.  It appears the paint is baby blue, but I see other with medium blue daubs. Any thoughts?
 https://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=26892.msg165145#msg165145
1970 Mustang Mach 1
351W Shaker Hood
Built at Metuchen
1 of 186 with these paint/trim codes
Build Date: October 7, 1969
0T1190xx
Dealer: Maguires Garage Inc. Duncannon PA

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2023, 07:49:34 PM »
Jeff, Regarding the color.  I was looking at the last picture in the below link of the NJ car with a build date close to mine.  It appears the paint is baby blue, but I see other with medium blue daubs. Any thoughts?
 https://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=26892.msg165145#msg165145

Think you would be fine either way but since you have a sampling from the same plant and near your cars production date I think that would be the better choice right now based on limited about of information we have at the moment
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)