Author Topic: 68Coupe with Interior Decor Group.  (Read 618 times)

Offline ralph68coupe

68Coupe with Interior Decor Group.
« on: January 13, 2023, 03:13:33 PM »
Good afternoon folks,

needing some assistance here with my 68' coupe.  Was wondering (and I did search before :-) ) if the interior rear quarter panels were padded or not?  getting conflicting info on the web.
and does anyone have pictures of theirs?  Also wanting to know if the quarter also takes the chrome trim ... I know the 65-66 does.

thanks !
Ralph

Offline jwc66k

Re: 68Coupe with Interior Decor Group.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 05:09:10 PM »
- if the interior rear quarter panels were padded or not?  getting conflicting info on the web.
and does anyone have pictures of theirs?  Also wanting to know if the quarter also takes the chrome trim ... I know the 65-66 does.
Apparently it is padded for model 65B, per the "1968 Mustang Interior Assembly Manual" (AM0022 pg 20).
I strongly recommend you get a set of 68 Assembly Manuals.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 05:48:00 PM »
Would have been helpful if you would include when and where your car or the one in question was built. Just a suggestion in the future since we sometimes run into issues with runnign changes or differences between how these cars were built at one assembly plant verses another ;)

To the question - yes at least the ones I found examples of did have upolstered rear seat side panels

Example 8F01J2161xx below (purple arrows) shows the end trim caps on the upper forward corner where the lower right example (green arrow) is a standard interior example with no trim piece

Hope this helps

Sure there are people who restored their cars and just simplified things by not replacing the material over and went with painted metal on their cars.

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline ralph68coupe

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2023, 02:52:50 PM »
Thanks guys...appreciated and noted for the next time ;-)