Author Topic: Help Me Identify These '69 Parts  (Read 4658 times)

Offline drummingrocks

Help Me Identify These '69 Parts
« on: April 02, 2011, 04:40:57 PM »
Never, ever buy a car in pieces!!  ;D  I did, and I'm still sorting through all of the mess.  I had several 5-gallon buckets worth of parts that came with my '69 Mach.  I've sorted most of the stuff out, but I'm still wondering where a few of these parts go, and if a few of these brackets are even for a '69 Mustang.  Lots of stuff off of '71-73 Mustangs got mixed into the parts for my '69, so it's been an adventure sorting through everything.

1.  Where do these brackets mount?  I know the far right one bolts to the framerail and holds the rubber brake hose.  The other two, I'm clueless on.  Where do these go, and how many should I have of each?

2.  This is a mystery bracket.  I have absolutely no idea where it goes, and I can't find a part number.

3.  These two doodads were mixed into a five gallon bucket full of fasteners and other hardware.  Again, I have absolutely no idea where these go.

4.  Someone had swapped a C4 in place of the original FMX auto.  I'm assuming the smaller yoke that's actually still attached to the driveshaft is a C4 yoke, and the larger is the original FMX yoke.  Any guesses?

Picture 1:

Picture 2:

Picture 3 (2 images in slideshow): http://img824.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=camera007.jpg

Picture 4 (3 images in slideshow): http://img8.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=camera017.jpg
Too much junk, too little time.

Offline rockhouse66

Re: Help Me Identify These '69 Parts
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 09:44:56 PM »
I believe #2 is the brace that goes from the master cylinder bolt on the inside firewall to the lower dash.
Jim
'66 GT FB

Offline BuckeyeDemon

• Photobucket Pictures
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 10:11:12 PM »
1.  Left:  splash shield/fender to rocker bracket
     Middle:  Valance to front bumper

2.  lower dash to firewall bracket

VIN: 9F02M178303
Build Date: March 31, 1969
1969 Mach 1, Candyapple Red, 351W 4V

Offline Andrew@MagMustangs

• MagMustangs: Original Parts for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs
    • MagMustangs
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 10:42:46 PM »
Picture 1: From Left, 1969-1970 Front Fender Lower Rear Mounting Bracket, attaches to Inner Splash Guard. these are LH and RH Specific, Stamped with either an L or an R on Originals.

Middle, 1969-1970 Dash Lower Main Frame to Side Wall mount Brackets. Bottom of Dash, Each Side.

Right, That is a Drum Brake Only, Front Brake Line Bracket for the Frame Rail.. Disc Brake Lines had their Brackets attached to the Brass Block on them. 1 Each Side.

Picture 2. 1969-1970 Power Disc Brake, Booster Support Bracket. Runs from the Lower RH Booster Stud at fire Wall to the Dash Frame, under the dash. Only P/D/B Cars had these. 
MagMustangs: Vintage Mustang Enthusiasts. We have Original Factory Parts for 1964 1/2-1973 Ford Mustang.   Like Us On Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/MagMustangs

Offline rockhouse66

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 08:43:39 AM »
Picture 2. 1969-1970 Power Disc Brake, Booster Support Bracket. Runs from the Lower RH Booster Stud at fire Wall to the Dash Frame, under the dash. Only P/D/B Cars had these.

I disagree; I think drum brake cars also had this brace (mine does).
Jim
'66 GT FB

Offline drummingrocks

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 11:48:16 AM »
I disagree; I think drum brake cars also had this brace (mine does).

I'll have to check a few disassembly pictures to be sure, but I'm thinking that my car had this originally too.  Even though I wasn't sure, I thought I remembered that brace going under the driver's side dash.  My car's a four wheel drum brake car.

• MagMustangs
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 04:01:16 PM »
Rockhouse and Drumming, I have been having recent discussions about this Bracket, so I have to ask, do either of your cars have Factory Air Conditioning?

This Mounts to the Fire Wall at the Lower RH Pedal Support Mount Hole. On Manual Brake Cars there is a pressed in Nut on the dash side that this could not possibly mount to. On Power Brake Cars(Including Power Drums) the Booster has a Stud that goes through a Hole in Fire Wall and Pedal Support, and a Separate Nut attaches the Booster Stud And This Bracket at that point. Just thoughts.   
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 04:10:26 PM by MagMustangs »
MagMustangs: Vintage Mustang Enthusiasts. We have Original Factory Parts for 1964 1/2-1973 Ford Mustang.   Like Us On Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/MagMustangs

Offline drummingrocks

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 05:06:09 PM »
Mag, yes, my car has factory air.

Offline BuckeyeDemon

• Photobucket Pictures
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 05:33:55 PM »
i incorrectly identified the middle bracket in picture 1.  the other member is correct.  those are for the lower dash to apron. 

are you guys talking about this bracket?

this one was on my 69 mach that came with manual drums and was a non-ac car.  my lower dash assembly and bracketry is sitting in my kitchen.

VIN: 9F02M178303
Build Date: March 31, 1969
1969 Mach 1, Candyapple Red, 351W 4V

Offline rockhouse66

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 06:41:21 PM »
Rockhouse and Drumming, I have been having recent discussions about this Bracket, so I have to ask, do either of your cars have Factory Air Conditioning?

No, no A/C on mine.  I don't follow your description of the attachments, but on my car the brace was already attached to the dash but the M/C end was not attached - no doubt because the M/C had been replaced and someone was too lazy or ?? to put it back in place.  It just slipped over the end of the M/C stud and was retained with another nut on top of the M/C nut.
Jim
'66 GT FB

• MagMustangs
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2011, 02:11:39 AM »
i incorrectly identified the middle bracket in picture 1.  the other member is correct.  those are for the lower dash to apron. 

are you guys talking about this bracket?

this one was on my 69 mach that came with manual drums and was a non-ac car.  my lower dash assembly and bracketry is sitting in my kitchen.

That Bracket was also used on 1969 Falcon to retain the Front Bumper-Grille Rock shield to the Front Head Light Bezel on each side. Ford might have used this Bracket in a variety of applications. 

Page 23 of the 1969 Mustang, Osborne BODY Assembly Manual, shows the Bracket(Yep, that is the one you pictured Buckeye)Labeled for ALL 1969 Mustangs, most likely the same for 1970. This is just a simple case of half the cars I have seen missing them. It seems to be correct for Manual-Power Brakes as well as A/C Cars, also everything else.  Sorry for Confusion :).