Author Topic: inspection  (Read 604 times)

Offline silverelvis69

inspection
« on: October 13, 2022, 03:52:30 AM »
Hi fellas,
What did USA have as registerd road worthy stickers/ decal back in the day before electronic?

Is below all that was required?

In Australia - we had these registration sticker and without being displayed or valid - fines would apply.
1970 Mach1 351 Cleaveland 4V-V8
San Jose built
11/69
Mustang mach1 2-door sports roof
Dark ivy green metallic
FMX select shift automatic transmission.
Ps A/c

Offline 67gta289

Re: inspection
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2022, 06:43:26 AM »
The "USA" had nothing, at least nothing that spanned the country.  Some states and perhaps counties I suppose had various ways and means.  For your specific situation, I would recommend providing (1) the city and state you are interested in emulating, and (2) the time.  Time is important - if you are building a car that reflects what it looked like after it drove off the dealer lot, you would likely not have any inspection sticker even in California, due to the age of the vehicle.
John
67 289 GTA Dec 20 1966 San Jose
7R02C156xxx
MCA 74660

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2022, 12:30:40 PM »
My state Missouri has state vehicle safety inspection stickers that were applied to the windshield. In MO's case it started in 1967. You had to have a current one to renew your license plates. Each state is different. There is not a country wide safety inspection sticker . FYI in concours the window in time is typically when the car was delivered to the first customer/owner . With that said a inspection sticker on the windshield would be possible points deduction.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2022, 12:58:20 PM »
MCA rules state that items required by law will be overlooked. it mentions inspection stickers specifically.
5F09C331248

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2022, 05:07:05 PM »
MCA rules state that items required by law will be overlooked. it mentions inspection stickers specifically.
  Yes but MCA is not he only venue out there.  ;) That is why the "possible deduction" I wrote about comes in.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2022, 07:46:36 PM »
You also likely have to consider the class also

For some organizations if its a "driven" class or a non-driven.

Don't think the "as required" would fly in every thoroughbred type class

As for era correct (the 1970 sticker for example) I would expect that since they don't fit the "as delivered" nor in the "required by the state for use" in a driven class that might get a deduction or a note and a discussion that if its seen again a deduction might follow the next time. Same thing would apply for inspection or emission testing applied in the 80's that are not required for use today
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 07:49:26 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)