Author Topic: Turn signal stalk/lever  (Read 380 times)

Offline hankmeister

Turn signal stalk/lever
« on: June 22, 2022, 02:44:02 PM »
After doing a search of the forum, found a few articles pertaining to this. The slight bend in the original was likely done by a previous owner, and the 100% straight replacement is actually correct?

Thanks all in advance,
Hank
Hank
70 Fastback
351C / 4 bbl / 4 spd / front disc brakes
No a/c or p/s
Wimbledon Wht

Offline hankmeister

Re: Turn signal stalk/lever
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 02:44:52 PM »
Also noticed the replacement is actually a few grams lighter in weight....

best
Hank
Hank
70 Fastback
No a/c or p/s
Wimbledon Wht

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2022, 04:16:48 PM »
After doing a search of the forum, found a few articles pertaining to this. The slight bend in the original was likely done by a previous owner, and the 100% straight replacement is actually correct?

Thanks all in advance,
Hank
That bend is something that is typically done by previous owners for more wheel to stalk clearance. The Shelby American factory did it in house to make more clearance for the real wooden steering wheels used on 65 GT350's as a example.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline hankmeister

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 01:24:07 PM »
That bend is something that is typically done by previous owners for more wheel to stalk clearance. The Shelby American factory did it in house to make more clearance for the real wooden steering wheels used on 65 GT350's as a example.
Thanks Bob. One of the threads here showed one bent to be closer to the steering wheel, so it could be flicked with one finger. Mine's kinda the same, the bend brought it just a touch closer to the steering wheel, not away. If I could, I'd just replace the plastic tip, but that doesn't seem to be available on it's own.

best,
H.
Hank
70 Fastback
No a/c or p/s
Wimbledon Wht