Author Topic: Non-adjustable D-code seat question  (Read 5307 times)

Offline dgptbird

Re: Non-adjustable D-code seat question
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2009, 03:03:51 PM »
I saw an article for special features of 64.5 Mustangs in the "links" of MCA that said Ford used a fixed passenger seat until May 8, 1964 then put a sliding track on the passenger seat.

My 64.5 convertible built on May 12, 1964 has the sliding passenger seat!

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2009, 04:13:58 PM »
I saw an article for special features of 64.5 Mustangs in the "links" of MCA that said Ford used a fixed passenger seat until May 8, 1964 then put a sliding track on the passenger seat.

My 64.5 convertible built on May 12, 1964 has the sliding passenger seat!

The only "problem" is that your car was very likely not built on May 12th. ;) Guessing that the date came from the door tag and that is only the date that that plant estimated (read guessed ;) that it might be finished on sometime in the future as it was assigned when the order arrived at the plant not when the car was completed. We often refer to the door tag date as the "projected build" date for this reason.

From other examples we know that date could be off by up to three weeks (earlier or later) so your car could fit into the pre - May 8th range with ease IMHO
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 5F09CNot4Sale

• If it does not fit, you need a bigger hammer!
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2009, 11:47:06 PM »
shelbyfan73been trying to get ahold of you. Please give me a call when you get a chance.
5F09C3031XX Sept 28 64 Dearborn
5F07F1838XX June 29 64 Dearborn

Offline MGargano

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2012, 02:29:18 AM »
I realize I'm absolutely resurrecting an old thread, but I have an April 64.5 that I need to replace the non-adjustable passenger's seat track.  Two of the four studs were snapped off when I purchased the car and it's also missing one of the round cups that raises the seat.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2012, 02:33:56 AM »
I realize I'm absolutely resurrecting an old thread, but I have an April 64.5 that I need to replace the non-adjustable passenger's seat track.  Two of the four studs were snapped off when I purchased the car and it's also missing one of the round cups that raises the seat.

First - welcome to the site

I suggest you put a request in the WANTED section of the site in hopes of finding what your missing
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)