Author Topic: A/C compressor/ pulley questions  (Read 554 times)

Offline Azdriver

A/C compressor/ pulley questions
« on: March 12, 2022, 07:28:04 PM »
Does anyone rebuild original A/C compressors?

Which water pump/crank pulleys would be correct for a 66 A code with A/C and alternator only?

Thanks,Pat
69 Mach 1 R code
66 GT coupe
68 GT500

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: A/C compressor/ pulley questions
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2022, 07:52:33 PM »
Does anyone rebuild original A/C compressors?

Which water pump/crank pulleys would be correct for a 66 A code with A/C and alternator only?

Thanks,Pat
Classic auto air used to. I have had some done over the years. I think that they changed names or split off the company that rebuilds or something if I remember the last time I sent some items in. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Azdriver

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2022, 08:06:18 PM »
Thanks, it turns out Originalair.com  is their restoring arm. I sent them an email.

Think I have the correct crank pulley, C5OE-A.

Pat
69 Mach 1 R code
66 GT coupe
68 GT500

Offline rocket289k

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2022, 12:38:22 PM »
They also rebuild the clutches as well (but you need to provide a core).  I had them rebuild my clutch and was pleased with the results. 

PS - They used to provide rebuilt clutches (without a core) but their supplies of usable cores ran out (years ago now).

Ron
1965 "A" Code 289 Mustang GT - Planned Build Date July 19 / Bucked July 21 Metuchen / Factory AC & PS / C4 Auto / 3.00 open

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2022, 02:37:22 PM »
They also rebuild the clutches as well (but you need to provide a core).  I had them rebuild my clutch and was pleased with the results. 

PS - They used to provide rebuilt clutches (without a core) but their supplies of usable cores ran out (years ago now).

Ron
All of the rebuilt clutches typically come back painted black which is fine for the brush type clutch which was that way from the factory but the clutch using the electromagnetic donut were typically a bright silver zinc or cad from the factory especially on later models.They used to replate them but stopped years ago.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline rocket289k

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2022, 01:12:21 PM »
All of the rebuilt clutches typically come back painted black which is fine for the brush type clutch which was that way from the factory but the clutch using the electromagnetic donut were typically a bright silver zinc or cad from the factory especially on later models.They used to replate them but stopped years ago.

+1 - In my case a painted black AC clutch for my 65 was perfect.
1965 "A" Code 289 Mustang GT - Planned Build Date July 19 / Bucked July 21 Metuchen / Factory AC & PS / C4 Auto / 3.00 open