Author Topic: Factory Measurements  (Read 566 times)

Offline hertz350

Factory Measurements
« on: March 10, 2022, 12:10:47 AM »
Does anyone know the measurement from the ground to the bottom of the pinch welds from front to back on a 66 San Jose fastback with 289? I am looking for the actual as built specification from Ford.

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
Re: Factory Measurements
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2022, 12:14:36 AM »
You might be able to infer it from factory specifications of wheel well heights and the height of the quarter panel to the uppermost wheel well opening.  I believe that info is in the Library.
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Online jwc66k

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2022, 01:07:47 PM »
Does anyone know the measurement from the ground to the bottom of the pinch welds from front to back on a 66 San Jose fastback with 289? I am looking for the actual as built specification from Ford.
If this NOT a Shelby, that information is in the 64-65 Mustang Chassis Assembly manual (there is no 66) and there is similar dimensional information in the "1966 Comet, Falcon, Fairlane and Mustang Shop Manual".
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline hertz350

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2022, 02:15:29 PM »
This is a Shelby with 14 x 6 wheels and 6.95 x 14  Goodyear Blue Streak tires.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2022, 06:03:54 PM »

Don't believe those were ever specified in any document from Ford. Appears to be just not the point they cared to used for ride height or other purposes. As mentioned only one I've found over the decades was the wheel well (top of wheel well) measurement and believe those measurements were posted in one of the first threads on this site, in an article I wrote for Mustang Times and other sites around the internet twenty plus years ago

This is a Shelby with 14 x 6 wheels and 6.95 x 14  Goodyear Blue Streak tires.

Might try adding or subtracting half the difference in the height between those and the factory Mustang tire. Even if you don't go through the math the basic measurement is going to be close
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 06:07:23 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)