Author Topic: Door tag decoding  (Read 1472 times)

Offline keeper

Re: Door tag decoding
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2022, 05:14:00 PM »
Thank you guys. To be continued to be sure. Hopefully tomorrow or Monday the Marti report will come across the finish line.
K-Hess, I would love to see a photo of your Y code ginger Mach 1. :)
Keith 69 Mach1TopLoader/Vcode SJ

Offline K-HESS

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2022, 02:44:39 PM »
Sorry keeper,
  as I mentioned I once had one. I sold that car over 15 years ago. It was a big restoration project. A guy bought it for restoration and took it apart then realized how much rust there was, so he decided to quit on it and was going to part it out. Being a local car and knowing of the car for many years I decided to buy it. It was an original car with the exception of the wheels, rear spoiler and louvers were also added. I bolted it all back together and then sold it as a project. If I recall right it was sold to someone from California.
The Little Devil-1969 Mach1 9T02Rxxx666 Built 10/21/68
A5-Raven Black, 3D-Dark Red Clarion Knit Vinyl, 4-Speed

Offline keeper

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2022, 01:48:44 AM »
K-Hess
I understood you had sold it,  I was just hoping you might of had a photo of it. No worries, I hope some one made good use of it some how. Pretty unusual color. BTW I drove mine today (had to tune it up and get the carb adjusted) for the first time and it likely has 3.00 gears. I need to jack it up and spin the rear wheels one rotation and watch the drive shaft to know for sure. It runs and handles great !

Offline keeper

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2022, 06:04:39 PM »
I got the Marti report today and it is what it is. Definitely not a V code but every thing else seems to be what we were thinking it should be. They describe the color a bit differently using bronze in the description.  Which is not the same as the other reports on this thread. But the color code is the same.

Offline cobrajet_carl

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2022, 07:34:32 PM »
Wow, 45 days late! Means your axle is probably original. Pretty nicely equipped mach.
Carl
70 and 71 Dearborn mach Is

Offline keeper

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2022, 08:46:55 PM »
Thank you Carl, it is nicely equipped. I was hoping the shaker hood that is on it was from the factory as well. Unfortunately. it must be an upgrade along with the Am Fm radio that is in it. It definitely has the factory 4 V heads on it  My next step is to determine the vin on the engine block. IM is  4 V aluminum edelbrock with a QFT 750 cfm carburetor. Motor has been rebuilt with performance cam and flowmaster pipes and header added to it..
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 08:54:35 PM by keeper »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2022, 12:26:41 AM »
Keeper suggest you start a car thread in the Member Restorations/Builds section of the site as we've travels away from the focus here in this thread  ;)

That way we can discuss and follow your progress and let the discussion take what ever path you want it to take.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline keeper

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2022, 01:22:20 AM »
 Will do and thank you all for the input.