Author Topic: ring gear and clutch on 65 K code ??  (Read 785 times)

Offline k-code

Re: ring gear and clutch on 65 K code ??
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2021, 05:02:44 PM »
+1 .A "concours restoration" is a broad question that can mean different things to different people. This is because there are different classes with different expectations . With that said If we can't see it we can't judge it. We don't check cams for factory specs or for hipo counter balance ether. I can't imagine someone asking the question of does it have a 10 1/2 clutch and pressure plate in a concours venue. In the very unlikely situation that concours judge or enthusiast asks the question and you don't have the assemblyline assembly I would plead the fifth if you don't want the possible negative consequences. ;)
Ok, these are good guidelines and answers for me. I bought this car in the spring. It's a excellent driver with #'s matching driveline, pretty good body, and very good documentation going back to the original owner. It is not concours by any means but as I do my repairs I want to return it, where practical, to original/concours condition. I am making the car mine, with no intention on entering it into concours events. In other words, some changes I will make as original, some will be modern improvements. But if I decide I want to make a change to original, I'll come here for guidance. Hope that makes sense and fits in with the intent of the forum.
Andy
65 K code coupe, Dearborn, Dec 18, '64

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2021, 05:36:31 PM »
We're to help with the original types of questions and guidance - you make the choice. Its not all about showing at judged shows, just don't let others think that your "choices" are original or on a nicely finished car they will think they are and copy them believing that.

Have seem some owners place cards or magnetic signs on their cars at local shows stating "Don't Copy Details From This Car  I Made My Choices You Make Yours" or similar wording. Just to make a point. Had one owner that I did a stamp for on a 70. Basically where the big yellow engine stamp typically says OK he had one made that showed NOT OK :)

Might have been referring to his state of mind or something else but it did serve multiple purposes
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline k-code

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2021, 05:48:25 PM »
Ha ha. Nope, not intending on making any representations of the car. It's a hobby, not a statement for me.
Do plan on the Arvinode system however as my VIN is right in the sweet spot.
Andy

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2021, 08:13:34 PM »
Here's a couple of details on the Arvinode frame rails. The source is unknown. My pictures were downloaded in 2013.
Also, there is a Ford drawing of the Arvinode system in "The 289 High Performance Mustang" by Tony Gregory.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2021, 09:50:43 PM »
Have seem some owners place cards or magnetic signs on their cars at local shows stating "Don't Copy Details From This Car  I Made My Choices You Make Yours" or similar wording. Just to make a point. Had one owner that I did a stamp for on a 70. Basically where the big yellow engine stamp typically says OK he had one made that showed NOT OK :)

Might have been referring to his state of mind or something else but it did serve multiple purposes
That's great!   ;D
Hmmm...a new meme for me: "Don't copy me, I'm NOT OK".
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline k-code

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2021, 10:31:46 PM »
Here's a couple of details on the Arvinode frame rails. The source is unknown. My pictures were downloaded in 2013.
Also, there is a Ford drawing of the Arvinode system in "The 289 High Performance Mustang" by Tony Gregory.
Jim
Thanks for this. Yes I've checked the car over carefully. It measures 11" and 12" and has all the identifying characteristics: reinforced floor under the back seat for the hangers, thread holes in the frame rails etc. I have Gregory?s book which of course has the well documented error about the reinforcement inside the frame. Mine doesn't because they introduced that with the GT later on in 65.
What I don't know for sure is if my car came with the Arvinode or not. I have the original sales order and exhaust isn't mentioned which leads me to think it was equipped with the transverse duals but I'm not certain.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 10:36:58 PM by k-code »
Andy