Author Topic: Correct radiator 69 351W automatic with AC  (Read 826 times)

Offline MrBill

Correct radiator 69 351W automatic with AC
« on: October 16, 2021, 11:36:02 PM »
Can someone tell me the proper Ford part number for a 1969 Mustang with the 351 4V, automatic, with factory AC?

On the same thought plain, does anyone make a concours correct replacement?

Thanks in advance,

Bill S.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Correct radiator 69 351W automatic with AC
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 05:54:47 AM »
Buildsheets list  C9ZE-K  for other cars built with 351W with automatic and AC.

Don't know of anyone making a reproduction radiator that looks like an original but maybe someone else has a source or experiences with one.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline MrBill

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 07:24:19 AM »
Buildsheets list  C9ZE-K  for other cars built with 351W with automatic and AC.

Don't know of anyone making a reproduction radiator that looks like an original but maybe someone else has a source or experiences with one.

Jeff,

Thanks, working on some minor issues with a recent purchase and want to make sure I do it right the first time.

Also wondering if this Scott Drake unit will work as a temporary substitute while I get the original radiator restored:
https://www.holley.com/products/cooling/radiators_and_accessories/radiators/parts/338-3

Car will continue to frustratingly sit unused until I either sort it out myself, or find a qualified shop in my area to do so for me.

As always, your guidance is much appreciated.

Bill S.

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 02:41:10 PM »
I looked up the information on the 75 edition of Ford Car Parts (aka MPC) and there is only one radiator used for your application, C9ZE-8005-K, as Jeff stated. That is a unique application, apparently only your specific one and a Boss 302 with A/C.
I recommend you look it up in the MPC available in this forums' library just to familiarize yourself with the MPC for any parts questions you may have in the future.
As to radiator shops, they are getting fewer and fewer as time goes on. I recommend finding a Mustang specialty shop, or any other type of classic car shop (Corvettes come to mind) in your area for a radiator shop recommendation.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline MrBill

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2021, 04:29:47 PM »
I looked up the information on the 75 edition of Ford Car Parts (aka MPC) and there is only one radiator used for your application, C9ZE-8005-K, as Jeff stated. That is a unique application, apparently only your specific one and a Boss 302 with A/C.
I recommend you look it up in the MPC available in this forums' library just to familiarize yourself with the MPC for any parts questions you may have in the future.
As to radiator shops, they are getting fewer and fewer as time goes on. I recommend finding a Mustang specialty shop, or any other type of classic car shop (Corvettes come to mind) in your area for a radiator shop recommendation.
Jim

Jim,

Appreciate the extra information, I've come to the conclusion that I will need to send my original out for a correct restoration. From a few inquiries I made this week, this could take some time, which is why I attached the link to the reproduction (out of stock everywhere it appears) that I would install so the car could be moved under it's own power why I await the original to come back.

Bill S.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2021, 04:58:50 PM »
Also wondering if this Scott Drake unit will work as a temporary substitute while I get the original radiator restored:
https://www.holley.com/products/cooling/radiators_and_accessories/radiators/parts/338-3

Have not purchased one but it looks like it will work as a stand in for the time being. Haven't seen any threads looking across multiple forums where people were voicing their experiences having these not fit or other issue as of yet
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline MrBill

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2021, 08:38:23 AM »
Found the one above in stock (Speedway shows 10 in stock), and went ahead and ordered it as a stopgap/temporary fix until I can get my original radiator properly restored (suggestions on shops much appreciated). Will take that step, then be able to move on to inspect the rest of the drivetrain now that I'll be able to run it for more than 2-3 minutes.

Will advise as to proper fit once it arrives and I have time to carefully install.

Bill S.

Offline cobrajet_carl

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2021, 01:49:47 PM »

Boss 302 with A/C? One of none. :D
Carl
70 and 71 Dearborn mach Is

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2021, 01:56:08 PM »
I invite you to look it up for yourself in Ford Car Parts (aka MPC) - 75 edition, text section 80, page 7, ref Ford Service number C9ZZ-8005-C.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline cobrajet_carl

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2021, 02:18:08 PM »
I invite you to look it up for yourself in Ford Car Parts (aka MPC) - 75 edition, text section 80, page 7, ref Ford Service number C9ZZ-8005-C.
Jim
Yes, one of the many mistakes in the MPC.
Carl
70 and 71 Dearborn mach Is

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2021, 04:25:24 PM »
Yes, one of the many mistakes in the MPC.
You see "it" as a mistake, but think positive. "It" can be looked at, as an "opportunity" - with justification, to install A/C in a 69 Boss 302.  ;)
Jim