Author Topic: Engine Bay Decal Placement 1970 Mach 1  (Read 15478 times)

Offline the1970mach1

Re: Engine Bay Decal Placement 1970 Mach 1
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2011, 06:17:52 AM »
would it be use full to order a 1970 mustang package from this site ?
The down part is that I have a lot of decals double but the wire tag's etc are not included in the decals I have.

The airclaner decals are the used on 1971 and up model.
1970 Mach 1 351C 2V with FMX Cruise-O-Matic with 3.00 9" Axle
Built on 22 Jan 1970 at the San Jose plant
1970 Sportsroof Boss 302 4 speed toploader 3.50 9" trac loc Axle

Offline the1970mach1

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2011, 02:40:55 PM »
These guys are one of the two major decal manufacturers for Mustangs, I actually prefer their products.  The site has some info on many of the decals, like placement, etc., a good free reference to start with (I'm not saying their always right, just that its a good place to start):

ECS

Carl

Sorry to say Carl...
no offence but this site, its a real joke !  >:(
I mailed those guys 4 times with an order, we even called them to check if the mail came true wich it did and still. NO responce  ::)
what a lousy firm, not even the desency to reply to a mail or keep their promisses.
this will leave some very bad feedback here and there... ;D
thanks for the tip, if there are more sites that supply decal packages I'd be happy to hear it because this one is a real JOKE.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 07:42:34 PM »
Think you might be better served (considering your experience and opinion) at choosing the specific decals you will need (so there are no "extras" as you find in a package) from a vendor like Virgina Mustang or NPD which resell the same suppliers products

Just a thought
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Carl

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2011, 11:24:08 AM »
ECS's decals are the second set shown in the NPD catalog, which is where I have bought them in the past.  Their catalog actually has some helpful bits about decal locations, but sorry for steering you to an unresponsive vendor.

Carl

Offline the1970mach1

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2011, 04:06:29 PM »
No problems Carl,
I have some minor mail contact now and it seems that it might bring some goods now.
keep you posted

Offline the1970mach1

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2011, 05:05:21 PM »
I would like to show you my project as promissed.
the first picture shows ofcource how it was, the second 2 what it has become.
I must say that I did my very best to make it as good as i could with my limited resources.
The alu manifold is still in there and will be kept, the rest is pretty much original.
comments & tips are ofcource welcome.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2011, 05:45:44 PM »
I would like to show you my project as promissed.
the first picture shows ofcource how it was, the second 2 what it has become.
I must say that I did my very best to make it as good as i could with my limited resources.
The alu manifold is still in there and will be kept, the rest is pretty much original.
comments & tips are ofcource welcome.

Looks like a nice improvement

As requested a few things - - bunch of little stuff as usual

1- What is the "X" for on the hood latch support?  Was it there originally or just copied from an article or some where else

2- Since the car is a San Jose car the shock mounted would have been semi-gloss black not natural or plated metal

3- Fuel line looks painted - if so it was originally not

4- Would remove the FRONT decal on the air cleaner and the CAUTION FAN decals - neither are original to that car

5- Paint the KYBs semi-gloss black so they don't "scream" at the viewer as replacements ;) Guess you've chosen to keep the aluminum intake bare and KYBs  as well as the export brace. Did the KYBs and export brace on my 69 Boss also. Part just because and secondly because we used the car as a seminar vehicle and those are so typical of what you see on driven cars.

6- Rotate the positive cable downward at the relay

7- Hood hinges, ground screw and wiper mounting bolt on cowl painted black?

Jeff Speegle

Offline SCJSTU

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2011, 10:51:04 PM »
question....where can one find a correct hose from oil breather cap to air cleaner for a 1970 351C?
1969 Shelby GT350 convertible  4spd-AC built 1-27-69
1967 Mustang S-Code 4-speed built Jan 1967 non therm
1956 Ford F100 Big Window 392 Hemi

1961 Falcon 2 Door Station Wagon 302V8
2004 Mach 1 Azure Blue

Offline the1970mach1

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2011, 02:03:55 AM »
seen my comments underneat the line

1- What is the "X" for on the hood latch support?  Was it there originally or just copied from an article or some where else

seen that indeed on a lot of other cars and in the 68 / 70 concours book, why not ?

2- Since the car is a San Jose car the shock mounted would have been semi-gloss black not natural or plated metal

thanks, that would be easy to fix

3- Fuel line looks painted - if so it was originally not

easy fix, thanks

4- Would remove the FRONT decal on the air cleaner and the CAUTION FAN decals - neither are original to that car

I was told they where dealer installed after the first inspection or first maintence check, right ?

5- Paint the KYBs semi-gloss black so they don't "scream" at the viewer as replacements ;) Guess you've chosen to keep the aluminum intake bare and KYBs  as well as the export brace. Did the KYBs and export brace on my 69 Boss also. Part just because and secondly because we used the car as a seminar vehicle and those are so typical of what you see on driven cars.

okay, thanks for that advice, what colour does the top end of that shock has to be, red ?
As for the manifold / brace and shocks, this is not a trailer pony and I drive it a lot and with great pleasure so I will leave it as it is.

6- Rotate the positive cable downward at the relay

easy fix, thanks

7- Hood hinges, ground screw and wiper mounting bolt on cowl painted black?

I'm still looking for a pair of NOS hood hinges, and the wiper bolts and all are still in my AMP kit to be replaced, well spotted !

thanks very much for your observations, will take a lot in to concideration.

as for the hose, I have found one on Ebay, nice clean and used original !!

Offline svo2scj

• Car Collector and home to WHEEL CITY FAIRLANE
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2011, 09:11:55 AM »
Hay Jeff
Looking at the coil decal on this car - it that where it was?   Mine is 75% under the bracket.

Mark
1969 R Code , Sportsroof (non Mach) W Axle
AB , Standard Interior  San Jose built 4/22/1969

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2011, 09:13:13 PM »
seen my comments underneat the line

seen that indeed on a lot of other cars and in the 68 / 70 concours book, why not ?

Why reproduce a detail that never was on your car?? ;)  Never seen such a mark on a 70 San Jose car - of course if you use it it will help influence others :( to do it on your car..... making them all nice little cookie cutter reproductions of one another   :o

I was told they where dealer installed after the first inspection or first maintence check, right ?

If it was taken in after (about if I remember correctly) 1972 or 73.  FORD sent hundreds of thousands of these to owners and dealerships to address some issues, concerns or liabilty things ;)

okay, thanks for that advice, what colour does the top end of that shock has to be, red ? .........

Semi-gloss black - the whole front and rear shock

The coil stamp would be at the end of the coil (this is likely just a decal and you mentioned not a stamp like originally was done) Of course these often tunred out less than perfect (the stamping) so there is some variation. Coil could be moved higher up into the bracket also
Jeff Speegle