Author Topic: 69 Door Panel Backing Markings  (Read 1226 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
69 Door Panel Backing Markings
« on: August 26, 2021, 05:55:22 PM »
67gta289 started posting some markings from what turned out to be a 70 Mach I and I thought I would post some 69's here in this tread

As usual we expect there to be a number of providers and pictures show two different quality control markings supporting the (at this point minimally two) providers

Dearborn example upper left - San Jose lower right

Individual examples

Dearborn

San Jose- Appears that it's likely the same worker as the one that wrote on the door panel in post #1

NJ

« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 06:06:47 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 69grande

Re: 69 Door Panel Backing Markings
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 03:25:10 PM »
Hi I'm new to posting, so bare with me. These two pics are from my San Jose early March [?] built 69 Grande. "Keel" I think is the provider to FoMoCo. Off topic: the black grease # 416 refers to repair sheet that I found. This # can also be found on the left front underside of the hood [visible going down the line]. Red inspectors stamp[?]: "P-29" can be found on front of repair sheet, & inside of trunk lid[repair completed]. Hope this helps in gathering more reference info.

69 Grande, San Jose Plant, 351W - H Code, FMX Automatic, Deluxe Interior Group. Meadowlark Yellow.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2021, 03:30:23 PM »
Hi I'm new to posting, so bare with me. These two pics are from my San Jose early March [?] built 69 Grande. "Keel" I think is the provider to FoMoCo. Off topic: the black grease # 416 refers to repair sheet that I found. This # can also be found on the left front underside of the hood [visible going down the line]. Red inspectors stamp[?]: "P-29" can be found on front of repair sheet, & inside of trunk lid[repair completed]. Hope this helps in gathering more reference info.

Yes it appears that Keel was one of the providers to at least San Jose

As far is "Off topic: the black grease # 416 refers to repair sheet that I found"

Would suggest that #416 is the cars second rotation number, you would have found it many different places on parts that make up your car, so the travelers sheet you found that shows one or more defects included the number as a reference to that particular car. The number came from the upper left hand corner of the cars many buildsheets
Jeff Speegle

Offline krelboyne

• West Coast Classic Cougars
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2021, 03:33:38 PM »
Looked at some of our door panels. Most are illegible or have smeared ink. Several versions of ink stamps and formats noted for QC Inspectors.

Grabowski is another name I found.

"UTICA" is what the word is that is smeared above, after FoMoCo
Scott Behncke - Carcheaologist
West Coast Classic Cougars
503-463-1130
1968 GT/CS 302-4V San Jose 05B
1968 Cougar XR7 Dearborn 09A

Offline 67gta289

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 03:44:43 PM »
FYI Utica, Michigan (north of Detroit) is where the Ford Utica Trim Plant was located.
John
67 289 GTA Dec 20 1966 San Jose
7R02C156xxx
MCA 74660

Offline rockhouse66

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2021, 06:56:58 PM »
Door panels from my previously owned '69 Mach1, 3/69 San Jose.

Jim
'66 GT FB

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2021, 08:01:18 PM »
Looks like we have a pattern emerging as least in the square quality stamp. It looks like the inspectors name was included on the stamp similar to the use of last (or the first name for some guys with real long last names) doing the paint inspections in one form or another at all three plants depending on year.
Jeff Speegle