Author Topic: 69 San Jose Build Sheet  (Read 1367 times)

Offline Sluggo

• Dark Overlord
69 San Jose Build Sheet
« on: February 21, 2011, 11:44:16 AM »
I found the build sheet stuffed in the lower seat spring of the driver's seat while reupholstering.
I'ts in pretty rough shape. Most of the vin is missing but there is enough there to match it to the car, scheduled date, DSO, and other info known to be correct to the car. I will mount it on some tape and recover as much as possible then post pictures of it and some other details noted while working on the car.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 12:26:47 PM by Sluggo »
MCA 55330 | 69 Mach1 | 427 Stroker | 29 Model A Murray Town Car | 4 Banger

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 69 San Jose Build Sheet
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 04:04:45 PM »
Nice - not allot of San Jose build sheets found since it appears that most at that plant simply went into the trash can

Sometimes I've been able to lay extra layers (to the back side of the paper) of packaging tape to build some thickness and put all the pieces back together.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Sluggo

• Dark Overlord
Re: 69 San Jose Build Sheet
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 01:05:11 AM »
Here's the pics. It was pretty tough getting the sheet back together. Once it touched the tape it was over, no moving it. Way too brittle.

The other two pics are of the original fuel filler hose. No stripes, no lettering.

This is a 13E9 car. Marti says it was actually built 5/12/69.

I'll get pics of the stamps and details found on the inside of the original seat covers as well as some other items of note. The trans and diff tags are intact and match what info can be read on the build sheet.

Rear end is 952A on tag and sheet.
MCA 55330 | 69 Mach1 | 427 Stroker | 29 Model A Murray Town Car | 4 Banger