Author Topic: 68 GT 390 Correct Air Cleaner  (Read 3185 times)

Offline duffman

Re: 68 GT 390 Correct Air Cleaner - Vac Pump- Snorkel
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2021, 06:15:49 PM »
Really appreciate the knowledge and sharing.   On the continued hunt for Snorkel and  the vac pump.  See alot on feebay, but does anyone have the part or reference number for it?
Repops?

C
Born on 12/14/17 San Jose 68 S Code convertible 4speed, deluxe interior & seatbelts, 8 track in console, 3:25 Conv rear, GT package, PS, PDB,PT, Convenience Panel, Visibility, Reflective & Blackout packages

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 68 GT 390 Correct Air Cleaner - Vac Pump- Snorkel
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2021, 10:20:20 PM »
Really appreciate the knowledge and sharing.   On the continued hunt for Snorkel and  the vac pump.  See alot on feebay, but does anyone have the part or reference number for it?
Repops?

Neither will have a part number or engineering number stamped in the metal. The vacuum valve originals, will have a date code on it.

Saw someone that was rebuild these the other day and selling them it looked like. Crimps looked to have been recrimped and a bit rough looking in the same they posted on another site.

No repos on the snorkel as far as I know. Like some other snorkels people will disassemble and mix and match parts of other snorkel to make them but not a high demand for these compared to more "valuable" common applications.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline TonyH

Re: 68 GT 390 Correct Air Cleaner
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2021, 04:17:58 PM »
These guys will restore an original but I've heard the crimps are rough as well.  To be fair though, I've never seen one that they've restored.

http://www.perogie.com/

I've attached a decent shot of an original with the date stamp.

v/r
Tony
Tony

Driven San Jose 2/23/68 8R02S1427XX
Lime Gold GT Fastback

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2021, 05:59:27 PM »
I see West Coast Cougars shows 68 S code air cleaner bases and snorkels on their site though both are out of stock. Might give you an  idea of value or cost moving forward

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline duffman

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2021, 02:01:20 PM »
Ahh in much better shape and comfort  thanks to you gentleman!  I am much better educated that I was, and can go forth and seek with a better focus.

C
Born on 12/14/17 San Jose 68 S Code convertible 4speed, deluxe interior & seatbelts, 8 track in console, 3:25 Conv rear, GT package, PS, PDB,PT, Convenience Panel, Visibility, Reflective & Blackout packages