Author Topic: AC vacuum motor finish  (Read 563 times)

Offline ruppstang

AC vacuum motor finish
« on: July 04, 2021, 12:38:14 PM »
Does any one have a NOS AC vacuum motor or a good original picture of a assembly line one.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: AC vacuum motor finish
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 02:22:58 PM »
Does any one have a NOS AC vacuum motor or a good original picture of a assembly line one.
Black Chromate as I have said to you before. The appearance will change slightly over time as the finish oxidizes or wears off . It changes from dark to lighter. Here are a couple pics of some will oxidized examples that were handy. I sprayed a little T9 on them to make the color more distinguishable . When new they are typically much darker.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 01:09:27 AM »
Black Chromate as I have said to you before. The appearance will change slightly over time as the finish oxidizes or wears off . It changes from dark to lighter. Here are a couple pics of some will oxidized examples that were handy. I sprayed a little T9 on them to make the color more distinguishable . When new they are typically much darker.

Thanks for the pictures and yes I know it is a black chromate finish but there seems to be a difference in the two halves. I hoping to see what a newly finished one looked like. Would you just refinish it all the same? Most of my originals are two tone.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 09:07:18 AM by ruppstang »

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 01:25:09 AM »
Thanks for the pictures and yes I know it is a black oxide finish but there seems to be a difference in the two halves. I hoping to see what a newly finished one looked like. Would you just refinish it all the same? Most of my originals are two tone.
All the same tone would be the easiest. With that said ether way would represent what the intention finish was.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2021, 09:04:37 AM »
OK thanks