Author Topic: 69 Mach 1 Metuchen underside color ?  (Read 1548 times)

Offline fastwayfirebird400

69 Mach 1 Metuchen underside color ?
« on: February 15, 2011, 11:25:51 PM »
I've tried the search feature and came up empty handed. I'm unable to determine the underside floorpan color (from the bottom of the firewall all the way back) of my Metuchen 11/22/68 built Mach 1. The elements and 100 K miles have left it in faint surface rust. Does anyone have a good direction to go on what the color should be? Thanks in advance.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 69 Mach 1 Metuchen underside color ?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 11:45:23 PM »
From others it appears that NJ used a fairly strong red oxide on the main floors from the firewall rearward that year
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline fastwayfirebird400

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 11:59:56 PM »
Thank you Jeff. Would the MCA Judging guideline book give me was is considered acceptable on the items that I cannot find answers to?

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 12:14:46 AM »
Thank you Jeff. Would the MCA Judging guideline book give me was is considered acceptable on the items that I cannot find answers to?

The MCA rules will answer allot of the major questions but they are often too IMHO generic and without details referenced to specific plant and time period unfortunately.

That will all come with time and was one of the reasons for establishing this site - so that we can discover, discuss and provide that info. ;)

I invite you to ask any questions you need discussed here and in that way we all learn as well as those that may be looking for that detail in the future.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)