Author Topic: what is the correct color paint for the interior of a 1966 convertible  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Severest

I am pulling my car apart to prep for paint the car is candy apple red with the red/burgandy interior. does anyone have the color code for the dash and doors on these cars? my car was made in sept of 1965 in the dearborn plant. thanks for any info.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 07:07:27 PM by carlite65 »

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Old paint codes are going to be challenging to have mixed properly with todays paint systems.  If you have a good paint/bodyshop, they can possibly match the original paint on the car.  They would be able to look up the original codes also.  The code table may be posted here in the library section, I don't recall.

Otherwise, most of the Mustang parts vendors sell paint pre-mixed in spray cans, some sell it in quarts that can be sprayed with a gun. 

Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Old paint codes are going to be challenging to have mixed properly with todays paint systems.  If you have a good paint/bodyshop, they can possibly match the original paint on the car.  They would be able to look up the original codes also.  The code table may be posted here in the library section, I don't recall.

Yes there is an article on 65 paint codes with a scan of the paint chips

Back at the time Ditzler code number for Red - 71315
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline steveo

Re: what is the correct color paint for the interior of a 1966 convertible
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2023, 06:53:30 PM »
How do we find said article, newbie here
1964 1/2 Rangoon Red/ Red Interior, White Top, 289 2V, C4 Tranny and many body parts stamped in August, latest one seen so far is Aug 24, yes, I know.

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2023, 07:06:45 PM »
look in the library section here. lots of good info there.
5F09C331248

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2023, 09:29:30 PM »
How do we find said article, newbie here

Lots of main section on the site. You'll find the Library down at towards the bottom of the main page between 6th Generation and Showing/Judging
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)