Author Topic: Potentially original upper/lower control arms and spring perches  (Read 2362 times)

Offline rmshiohira

Potentially original upper/lower control arms and spring perches
« on: February 26, 2021, 05:52:56 PM »
New to the forum and not doing a concours restoration.  However, I pulled the suspension and steering tie rods off my car to replace with Street or Track components, and the old parts seem like they may be original to the car (although kinda crusty).  I'm wondering if the upper/lower control arms, spring perches, and/or old tie rods are the kind of thing that folks here use for restorations, or if they're just something to put in my old parts storage bucket on the shelf. 

The coil springs are shot (driver side was broken in two), so I already tossed those.  Thanks for any information you can provide.   

Offline rmshiohira

Re: Potentially original upper/lower control arms and spring perches
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 06:33:53 PM »
Thanks for the link!  I'd reviewed that guide (very helpful), which was what led me to think these were potentially original parts. 

I guess what I was trying to get at is whether these parts are of any use to those doing concours restorations, since I'd rather have them go to someone who can use them than in the storage bin in my garage where I put the rest of the parts I pull off the car.  If they're not the type of thing people restore and use, I'll clean and store them.  Thanks!

Online jwc66k

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 07:13:38 PM »
With many new Mustang parts getting scarce, you might consider saving them. You never know.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline rmshiohira

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 07:24:38 PM »
Thanks, Jim!  That's a great point, as well.  I'm still considering doing that.  I just didn't know if someone could make better use of them, but having them available to take the car back to a more original state could be helpful.  Thanks again!

Masa

Offline JohnB

• 0F03R120303
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2021, 07:45:01 PM »
Thanks, Jim!  That's a great point, as well.  I'm still considering doing that.  I just didn't know if someone could make better use of them, but having them available to take the car back to a more original state could be helpful.  Thanks again!

Masa

What year?

Offline rmshiohira

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2021, 07:59:49 PM »
It's a 1970 Mach 1.