Author Topic: Mach 1 Front wiring harness retainer locations  (Read 2000 times)

Offline alanmac

Re: Mach 1 Front wiring harness retainer locations
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2021, 05:07:19 PM »
Jim, Thanks for the suggestion.  These are a great source of information.  Alan
1970 Mustang Mach 1
351W Shaker Hood
Built at Metuchen
1 of 186 with these paint/trim codes
Build Date: October 7, 1969
0T1190xx
Dealer: Maguires Garage Inc. Duncannon PA

Offline alanmac

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2021, 03:27:18 PM »
I still have discrepancy's with the Jim Osborn electrical assembly manual.  The wire retainers are correct and in the correct locations,  O retainers are mounted in the lower inboard hole, straps are mounted in the lower outboard hole.

Sport lamps 
Sport lamp wiring shows the wire harness (pigtail) thru both retainers with the connectors outboard of the strap.  My sport lamp wire pigtails exiting the main cable are not long enough to go thru either retainer. So the connector is inboard.  My front wire harness is Alloy Metals replacement.  Is the cable incorrect?  I have found the Alloy Metals cables are exact duplicates.   My car is an early build 10/6/69 and it has the first revision of the cables. The assembly drawing appears to be the second revision and supersedes the 10/10/69 drawing. My sport lamps are original and have a very long pigtail. Is this drawing incorrect for my car?   

Assembly Drawing discrepancy?
The right side shows the headlight and running lights with the connectors inboard of the strap and running thru the strap.  The left side shows the headlight connector inboard of the strap and running thru the strap and the running light not thru the strap. So why would one side be different than the other side? I think both running lights would be assembled at the same time and therefore be retained the same way.   
1970 Mustang Mach 1
351W Shaker Hood
Built at Metuchen
1 of 186 with these paint/trim codes
Build Date: October 7, 1969
0T1190xx
Dealer: Maguires Garage Inc. Duncannon PA

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2021, 09:04:43 PM »
Assembly Drawing discrepancy?
The right side shows the headlight and running lights with the connectors inboard of the strap and running thru the strap.  The left side shows the headlight connector inboard of the strap and running thru the strap and the running light not thru the strap. So why would one side be different than the other side? I think both running lights would be assembled at the same time and therefore be retained the same way.   

Could be. There might be another printed the day, week or month later with a change of correction. Would not assume that things were done or design to be symmetrical or that one plant, worker or set of workers figured out what worked better for them. Plenty of examples in threads on this site documenting things like that took place
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)