Author Topic: 68 San Jose S Code GT Convertible Front Suspension Markings  (Read 811 times)

Offline duffman

68 San Jose S Code GT Convertible Front Suspension Markings
« on: January 27, 2021, 09:21:17 PM »
I am getting ready to replace coil springs and refinish the front suspension.  Does anyone have photographs I can use as reference? 
Born on 12/14/17 San Jose 68 S Code convertible 4speed, deluxe interior & seatbelts, 8 track in console, 3:25 Conv rear, GT package, PS, PDB,PT, Convenience Panel, Visibility, Reflective & Blackout packages

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 68 San Jose S Code GT Convertible Front Suspension Markings
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 06:30:32 PM »
Would need allot more information about your car before any help could be provided.

Things like when and where the car was built (yes I see San Jose but this will remind others that find this thread later) and what options the car has. You've already posted the body type

As you find time you may want to include this information in your signature so that you do not have to retype since it will be helpful for many of your posts and questions
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline duffman

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 08:17:55 AM »
Jeff,
Thanks.  Done as requested! 
Born on 12/14/17 San Jose 68 S Code convertible 4speed, deluxe interior & seatbelts, 8 track in console, 3:25 Conv rear, GT package, PS, PDB,PT, Convenience Panel, Visibility, Reflective & Blackout packages

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 06:48:57 PM »
8R03S with 4speed, deluxe interior, GT package, PS, PDB,PT,  Guess that is 12/14/67?

Thanks so just focusing on the front suspension. As a reminder please only start considering paint marks after you have all the important details and parts on the car as they were original. IMHO nothing looks more out of place than a paint mark on a poor reproduction or just incorrect part. Paint marks do not make up for outer short comings on the car.

For steering the following components got a somewhat strong yellow strip applied with a approx 1" brush to the

- Center link between the idler arm and passenger tie rod attachment points
- Idler arm - the arm between the two ends/attachment points
- Pittman arm - again between the two ends

Front sway bar - One yellow, one green stripe towards the center. Typically yellow towards driver side

Front coil springs may be one yellow and one gold stripe though can't be exactly sure since have a direct match as far as a buildsheet for your car

As a general over view on paint marks in general I invite you to look at the article in the Library on the subject

Hope this helps

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline duffman

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 10:53:04 AM »
Jeff,

Many thanks.  Yes  an early car 12/14/67.  I was perusing the library before my post.  Thank again!

Chris

Offline bullitt68

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 03:27:09 AM »
This car sounds very similar to my car only my car is a Fastback. What color is your car. We have the same options
Mike
1968 Mustang Fastback GT 390 Raven Black, 4 speed
8R02S162374, San Jose, June 5, 1968

Offline duffman

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2021, 04:05:36 PM »
This car sounds very similar to my car only my car is a Fastback. What color is your car. We have the same options
Its Gulfstream Aqua with Deluxe Interior