Author Topic: Heating problems and remedies  (Read 548 times)

Offline silverelvis69

Heating problems and remedies
« on: December 08, 2020, 05:28:15 PM »
Hi All,
Currently having heating problems on hotter days and long drives.
Something I am frustrated with!! and when idle mode - creeps up and up.(frustrating at traffic)

I have a 3 core Fomoco radiator (which I do not want to upgrade unless necessary) as it looks concourse.
I have electric fans at 3200cfm.

looking to purchase a water resister plate (from cougars modified - see link https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/waterrestrictplate.html?sessionthemeid=26) and replace possibly my thermostat)

Here is another link of heating problems that this guy used the plate. but also metioned upgrade radiator.

(If i do go rafdiator upgrade - I am being advised on triple bypass or S type)

So waiting for this plate to arrive however I am putting it out there if anybody had heating problems and what did you do to fix.
Or do I simply do not take my baby out on hot days????

Thanks
1970 Mach1 351 Cleaveland 4V-V8
San Jose built
11/69
Mustang mach1 2-door sports roof
Dark ivy green metallic
FMX select shift automatic transmission.
Ps A/c

Offline bgp429

Re: Heating problems and remedies
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 12:24:37 PM »
Had the same issue with a B9. Overheated in traffic when over 90 degree ambient. Only solution that worked was a Griffin rad. I tried different stats, coolant, caps, fuel it just got too hot. B9's don't have a shroud. The Griffin fit very well without any modifications. Have the original radiator saved. Only concern is the clearance between the fan blade and core. It is very close.