Author Topic: tach dash housing  (Read 715 times)

Offline BlackMcode1970mach1

tach dash housing
« on: November 28, 2020, 10:12:06 AM »
I was  lucky enough to purchase a tach dash for my car .  I have a question about the finish on the back side of it. i cleaned it up with evapo rust  it was in a garage for a long time . Is the back side  white or gray?? To me it looked like it was white but not painted all the way . The area under the  circuit board is what i mean . plus where do i find a voltage regulator for this?                                         i see scott drake has  some. Also those tiny metal washers on the back of it when i dissasembled it some broke in two. where can i find these?? mark
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 10:25:05 AM by BlackMcode1970mach1 »

Offline RocketScientist

Re: tach dash housing
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 08:53:05 PM »
The back side is unpainted metal and so it will look grey in color. It does have white over-spray around the edges from when they painted the interior and so this is likely to be white you are seeing. The voltage regulator is a standard mustang one and you can get them at most Mustang stores. The best thing is to upgrade to a constant voltage regulator (better stability and reliability) and you can get them installed in the standard housing so they look original. When you talk about the washers, do you mean the little copper ones or the instrument retainers? I am guessing they could be found in places like wrecking yards, automotive stores and AMK as Ford was fairly standard with their hardware and they can be found on lots of cars.

Offline BlackMcode1970mach1

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 12:40:00 AM »
yes the copper washers-  i looked at a ace hardware store. nothing found yet. ill look on amk . thanks for the information BTW!   they are pretty thin washers.Mark

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 02:56:16 PM »
yes the copper washers-  i looked at a ace hardware store. nothing found yet. ill look on amk . thanks for the information BTW!   they are pretty thin washers.Mark
Try Granger https://www.grainger.com/
They have a large selection.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.