Author Topic: Clock and map light wiring problem  (Read 631 times)

Offline DougDyar

Clock and map light wiring problem
« on: November 16, 2020, 10:10:18 PM »
I am attempting to reassemble my '70 Boss 302 that has been apart over 30 years, and have run into a head scratcher.

My Boss was built in Dearborn on June 22 with a deluxe interior and the round rally clock.

I am trying to plug the rally clock and map light sub harnesses into the main dash harness near the glove box.

My problem is that the plug in connectors seem to be mismatched. I have the main harness and clock sub harness in original and reproductions, and they match exactly. The black plug on the map light harness won't mate with the blue plug on the clock harness.

What am I missing? The map light doesn't seem to match either the original or reproduction main/clock harness connector.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 10:23:27 PM by DougDyar »
0F02G203277
June 22, 1970 Dearborn BOSS 302

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
Re: Clock and map light wiring problem
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 10:33:25 PM »
This is always a PITA, and there were great differences between 69 and 70 as well.  I believe you are missing a short harness that mates the two plugs together.  Check the 1970 Mustang Wiring and Vacuum guide.
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline DougDyar

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 10:37:14 PM »
This is always a PITA, and there were great differences between 69 and 70 as well.  I believe you are missing a short harness that mates the two plugs together.  Check the 1970 Mustang Wiring and Vacuum guide.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I have the electrical assembly manual, but am unfamiliar with a Wiring and Vacuum guide.

Can you help me locate the missing harness?

Doug
0F02G203277
June 22, 1970 Dearborn BOSS 302

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 07:55:53 AM »
It is not reproduced, and fairly rare.  You'll have to cobble up some sort of a mating harness, IIRC.
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com