Author Topic: How to tell if a car was an original automatic or manual?  (Read 2287 times)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: How to tell if a car was an original automatic or manual?
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2020, 12:16:19 AM »
4sp car would also have a hole on the upper area of the passenger side (RH) toe board, used to secure the speedo cable clip.  Same style clip used under the car for the fuel/brake lines on the bottom of the driver side (LH) floor pan.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2020, 06:35:10 AM »
Sure it might be helpful for all years and models. Would need to be  cleaned up and in a better format. But this one/year would be the easiest since the hard work was done and most of it would translate to 65

Wonder how many straight on firewall pictures I have
Maybe not the best place for sharing within this thread but I took a few shots of my 67 SJ I could sent to you, one pre-dismantled with no engine and one in red oxide. The shock towers conceal the lower corners in both images I have so safe to say the pictures are not as "clear and complete" as the one shared earlier in this thread (but is is a source of help for 67's if needed).
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2020, 09:32:48 PM »
Maybe not the best place for sharing within this thread but I took a few shots of my 67 SJ I could sent to you, one pre-dismantled with no engine and one in red oxide. The shock towers conceal the lower corners in both images I have so safe to say the pictures are not as "clear and complete" as the one shared earlier in this thread (but is is a source of help for 67's if needed).

If you care to you can send the picture over to me - I can use it once I start making the 67 base. Finding that no one picture covers everything so it will take a number (have a fair number in my files) to get things close as far as holes and their locations

Started converting the 66 version and making it wider to cover details not shown in reply #3 like the dimmer switch on the drivers side and the electrical loom clip in the upper right hand corner on the passenger side.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Brian Conway

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2020, 10:14:17 PM »
 Well because the #36 slot is present the picture is of a 66 firewall  ?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 10:26:45 PM by Brian Conway »
5RO9A GT  4 Spd Built 5/29/65
9TO2R SCJ 4 Spd Built 9/19/68
Owner Driver Mechanic
San Diego, Ca.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2020, 10:42:16 PM »
Well because the #36 slot is present the picture is of a 66 firewall  ?

It's likely a picture of a later 66 car

Started a running change thread for at least one plant currently to keep the focus on this one ..... well focused :)

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=23645.0
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)