Author Topic: Drip Rail Extension (to body) hardware  (Read 973 times)

Offline Angela

Drip Rail Extension (to body) hardware
« on: November 01, 2020, 08:24:37 PM »
Does someone have the ford or AMK part number for the screws that hold the drip  rail extensions to the roof/quarter?
As a means to indicate the screws I'm referring to, I've attached an image previously posted by Jeff Speegle.

I have misplaced my original screws and am having trouble locating replacements. I assume AMK carries them, yet I can't find them.

Thanks for your help.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Drip Rail Extension (to body) hardware
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2020, 11:10:30 PM »
Sure Jim will aim you towards the spread sheets. I likely have a couple just not sure if the cost to get them to you is worth it for you. :)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Online jwc66k

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2020, 12:20:16 AM »
Does someone have the ford or AMK part number for the screws that hold the drip  rail extensions to the roof/quarter?
As a means to indicate the screws I'm referring to, I've attached an image previously posted by Jeff Speegle.
As always, year, model (plant) would help. There are 2 shown in the AMK catalog, a size 8 and a size 10.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Angela

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2020, 06:46:43 AM »
Spreadsheet? What spreadsheet?! You've peaked my interest!

Jim, what are the PNs @ AMK? Thank you for your help!   I'm referring to my 1970 Mach1, built at Dearborn October 8, 1969.

Online jwc66k

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2020, 05:53:26 PM »
Spreadsheet? What spreadsheet?! You've peaked my interest!
Go to the library of this forum. You can't miss them.
Jim, what are the PNs @ AMK? Thank you for your help!   I'm referring to my 1970 Mach1, built at Dearborn October 8, 1969.
Attached is a copy of the page with the wafer head screws. According to the 70 Mustang Body Assembly Manual (AM0031 pg 65) the (recommended) engineering part number is 383352-S8 which is a round washer head. It does not agree with the picture you posted.
Note:
1 68-68 use
2 68 use, 69 and 70 service
3 69-70 by the book
4 71-73
5 68 interior
6 68
7 65, and 67 and 68 convertible
8 66 and 67
9 68, 69 an 70 interior
7, 8 and 9 are sold by AMK
And, as luck would have it, I turned a page and more round head screws show up, but I got some woodworking projects to attend to (retirement has been a busy time for me) so "I'll be back" (Ahronold - Terminator).
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Angela

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2020, 01:31:00 PM »
Thanks Jim!!!

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2020, 05:17:40 PM »
Go to the library of this forum. You can't miss them.Attached is a copy of the page with the wafer head screws. According to the 70 Mustang Body Assembly Manual (AM0031 pg 65) the (recommended) engineering part number is 383352-S8 which is a round washer head. It does not agree with the picture you posted.

Jim the screw head design shown at the bottom of the page posted appears to me to be the same as in the picture in the first post and those I've removed from that area - rounded head with the raised center area around the driver depression.
Jeff Speegle

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2020, 05:45:17 PM »
Looked quickly and found some other examples of the screw head and application from 70 sportroof/Mach I applications.

Same panel being retained to the body just the further up

Top picture shows the roof rail further forward and the lower another shot of the other side of the same car shown in the first post

Jeff Speegle

Online jwc66k

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2020, 07:58:51 PM »
The latest batch of pictures confirms that the screws are the round washer head screw type which is what is in the appropriate 69-70 spreadsheet - 383352-S8 (also used for 71-73). The pictures do not show that the underside of the head is serrated. There is a kit for "ROOFSIDE WEATHERSTRIP - Body 63", AMK stock number F-1292, 36 pieces, but there is no way to verify the serrated screws are included (unless you call and ask). It may be more detailed on the AMK website.
Jim

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2020, 08:17:51 PM »
The latest batch of pictures confirms that the screws are the round washer head screw type which is what is in the appropriate 69-70 spreadsheet - 383352-S8 (also used for 71-73). The pictures do not show that the underside of the head is serrated. ..........

Jim what are you describing when you use the term serrated?  Guess I need to drag out the can with all the screws and take a look to see if I can take a picture of one out of a car. Can't hurt
Jeff Speegle

Online jwc66k

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2020, 02:55:33 PM »
Jim what are you describing when you use the term serrated?
Their words. Go back to the picture in reply 4. I verified that these style of screws exist from some in my collection. There are about 16 to 20 (you can count them if you want) radial "grips" under the head.
Jim

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2020, 05:44:21 PM »
Went out and found a couple. Here is a picture of the unseen (once installed) side

Jeff Speegle

Online jwc66k

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2020, 04:23:20 PM »
Here are the two (so far) different serration types, one with 6, the other with 18.
Jim