Author Topic: GT rear valence  (Read 774 times)

Offline fritter

GT rear valence
« on: October 25, 2020, 12:54:26 PM »
Hi, does anyone have a measurement for the distance from the GT exhaust cutouts in the rear valance relative to the backup light holes? 

I did a lot of searches but didn’t find that particular measurement. 

Thanks!

Mike Fritz
66 Mustang

Offline jwc66k

Re: GT rear valence
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 05:08:20 PM »
Mike,
Welcome to the forum. Your first post got me off my butt so I scanned some of the sketches I made for the rear valence about 15 years ago. The patterns are for both back up lights and the exhaust cutouts. I used a 65 GT valence to add exhaust holes in a non-GT 66 valence, and that same 66 regular production valence, to add back up light holes in the 65 GT valence.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline fritter

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 08:43:11 PM »
Thanks for the welcome and the detailed measurements Jim!   Just so I make sure I have this right, what does “15 1/4 fm C/L for R/H” mean?

I’ve been enjoying reading your old posts along with a few other experts here.  My 66 resto isn’t totally concours because of all the rust repairs I’ve had to do but it will be pretty close with all your guys help. 

My car is a Dearborn car and will be the original colors of candy apple red with black interior. 

Thanks again
Mike Fritz
66 Mustang

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 12:04:48 AM »
Thanks for the welcome and the detailed measurements Jim!   Just so I make sure I have this right, what does “15 1/4 fm C/L for R/H” mean?
Those are "shorthand" notations used by draftsmen, designers and engineers -
“15 1/4 fm C/L for R/H” = 15 1/4 (inches) FroM (the) Center Line (middle of the panel) for Right Hand
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline fritter

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 10:56:15 AM »
Hi Jim.  That’s kind of what I thought but wanted to make sure.   I’m a CPA so I’m deficient in the lingo haha. 

Thank you
Mike Fritz
66 Mustang